Share this job
Demand Planning Assistant Manager
Shanghai, China, China
The Assistant Demand Planning Manager is accountable for the demand planning process for his/her region/ business unit and support the update of the necessary metrics, reports and process to anticipate demand driven events for effective decision making.
The Assistant Demand Planning Manager will be the liaison and support with the Affiliates/Commercial Organizations for the monitoring and maintenance of the statistical forecasting tool and ensuring the agreed upon process, timing and procedures are respected for incorporating Market intelligence.
- Conduct Demand Consensus Process to generate a demand consensus forecast by assessment of demand planning data and alignment with regional and global strategic inputs
- Ensure that the established Forecasting Process is well defined and a demand forecast is generated, reviewed and validated.
- Maintains analytics to support continuous improvement (i.e. tracking signal, forecast ability, Forecast Process Value Add), developing new and ad hoc reports as required.
- Ensure the most accurate Demand information available.
- Identifies opportunities to effectively shape demand to influence service and/or cost (inventory).
- Partner with affiliates/ commercial partners, in order to have the most accurate Demand information available for organization and provide key inputs to the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process.
- Gather and understand the market intelligence, customer forecast, promotional activity, seasonality and other external factors that impact demand. Make recommended adjustments to forecast based on this information.
- Design and generate monthly analysis on the demand, checking for trends and anomalies, so that stakeholders can make decisions.
- Continuously suggest improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Create and maintain documentation and standard operating procedures for demand planning processes and systems.
- Generate and review reports of the financial forecast and the sales forecast to appropriate stakeholders
University Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
Years Experience: 5-8 Years working experience, at least 2 years demand management related