Share this job
Cost Engineering Manager
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
About the role
As our Cost Engineering Manager, you will work with factory partners to understand, collect, analyze, negotiate and standardize costs. You'll create transparent, sustainable, competitive and accurate cost models. You will create and analyze reports and tools that identify cost exceptions and work with cross function teams to predict, negotiate and understand costs for apparel production and embellishments. You’ll also partner with vendors and product creation to resolve costing challenges and improve margins, use internal reports and databases to measure and analyze factory cost performance. You will collect, analyze and track factory submits for bi annual cost matrix submissions.
- Proactively works with Factory, Developers, Category Team, and Costing Team to review and interpret factory cost breakdown and its impact on the total weighted margin.
- Drive and determine competitive, sustainable and standardized cost parameters. Estimate and drive cost implications of manufacturing initiatives into the costing parameters. Establish and maintain standardized cost model with factories to be used by PCC and LO teams at the style level
- Provides and performs scenario analysis regarding Materials, component, technology, productivity, Gross Price Margin, and foreign exchange changes to help the team achieve target gross price margin per season according to the seasonal critical dates.
- Effectively communicates pertinent costing model information to the category and costing organization.
- Including FOB confirmation and tracking progress against key deadlines and metrics :FOB Target vs. Actual FOB, FOB on time, category, and/or Nike Liaison office.
- Minimum 5 years in finance, cost or lean accounting, manufacturing, production, or engineering.
- Typically requires a Bachelor or Master Degree and minimum of 5 years directly relevant work experience.
- Good command of English. This post will be required to connect with global teams (e.g., Asia, factories and suppliers with international professionals).
- Strong in leading, influencing and negotiation skill.
- Strong analytical skill.