Category General Manager - Football
Shanghai , China, China
Job Function: General Management
Date published: 1-Jul-2016
- Create the long term vision for the business assuring alignment with overall business strategy.
- Adapt the global vision to the marketplace realities and develop strategies that will align the team cross-functionally to drive the Category business. Develop and build commitment around critical strategic goals including revenues, margins, demand creation, market share, consumer awareness and other relevant measures.
- Determine strategic direction and manage the total profitability of a business or product line, within company guidelines
- Drive the overall Digital business with Membership as a core strategy to engage the consumer and activities to promote sales through Nike.com
- Develop the Nike brand by creating separation in marketplace and establish position by connecting with consumers with focus on key business initiatives.
- Drive category game plan with seasonal planning process across business units and functions. Identify consumer and category insights and build capabilities in the local market.
- Drive total market-product-sales-retail integration.
- Ensure proper brand positioning through execution of category strategies that appropriately enhance the brand.
- Responsible for forecasting and driving the country’s category financial targets, category GM %, category GM $ and Revenue. Monitor progress towards financial targets and adjust as needed to ensure growth in terms of revenue
- Ensure effective and integrated collaboration across the Nike matrix regarding category sales, retail and marketing strategies, and that the product offered meets the needs of targeted consumers.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing related, MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years sales, marketing or general management experience in consumer product industry. Exposure in athletic, footwear, or apparel industry is definitely a plus.
- 3 years' experience in a cross functional work environment; interacting, influencing and managing across virtual teams
- Needs to be sensitive to consumer needs and market changes
- Proven ability to drive sales and business results in a matrix organization
- Strong business management, analytical, budgetary and strategic skills
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Should have a high passion for Sports – especially football as we seek to connect and grow with the Consumer. In-depth football knowledge is preferred.
- Good communication and presentation skills both in English and Mandarin
- Knowledge and experiences in Digital Retail