Asia Procurement Director - Supply Chain
Shanghai , China, China
Job Function: Finance & Accounting
Date published: 1-Dec-2016
Nike’s Global Procurement group is seeking an impact-driven Supply Chain Procurement Director who will assume responsibility for driving the global category supply chain strategy across the Asia Pacific region, with scope of services ranging from inbound and outbound transportation, to distribution center services, including 3PL services and DC consumables.
You will work in conjunction with our internal business stakeholders to prioritize the pipeline of spend areas to address. For the prioritized spend areas, you’ll jointly identify the opportunity and sourcing strategy to capture that opportunity. The sourcing strategy will be based on overall Nike and Global Procurement objectives, supply market dynamics and rigorous TCO analytics. You will be responsible for executing the TCO strategy, including common activities such as project management, should-cost modeling, leading negotiations and RFP events. You will be responsible for facilitating an on-going supplier relationship management process with the key suppliers of supply chain services in the region.
You will drive impact year-to-year and maximize the total cost of ownership for Nike. You will be responsible for working with our Supply Chain team to populate category dashboards to report and track performance.
Business partner engagement will be critical, and you will be responsible for managing and fostering key relationships with both internal partners and external vendors.
This is a hands-on Director role and will require both strategic thought to support the Supply Chain category and tactical execution of Supply Chain projects.
- 8-10 years relevant work experience in Direct Procurement, Strategic Sourcing and or Logistics with expertise in Distribution Center operations and Transportation for consumer goods / retail.
- Deep understanding of the P&L for a logistics service provider
- TCO approach to spend management (supply management, demand management, process management)
- Experience with clean-sheet, should-cost modeling and negotiation strategy development
- Rigorous cost savings approaches and analytics
- 2+ years of building and managing a team
- Experience working cross-culturally on global categories, with leadership, influencing and communication skills gained across a range of cultural environments
- Strong project management, including developing action plans, identifying deliverables, and presenting results.
- Superior communication and presentation skills, with strong influencing and persuasive talents across a matrixed organization
- Ability to pass a background check
- Must be willing to travel
- MBA or advanced analytical degree is strongly preferred
- Experience in supply chain is strongly preferred
- Track-record of demonstrating an entrepreneurial spirit is a plus
- CPM or internationally accredited procurement qualification is preferred