Share this job
Asia BI & Analytics Product Owner - Converse
Shanghai, China, China
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
We Need Someone Who Speaks Computer
Computers have their own language. Which most of us don’t speak. But you do. And we need your fluency. Let’s face it. The modern world is shackled to computers so we need experts like yourself to keep us running. So come join our crew. You don’t have to call yourself The Computer Whisperer but we might.
Converse serves the daring spirit of youth. We embrace that as an organization in everything we do. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We’re looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders, and visionaries.
BI & Analytics is one the key strategy to both business and technology, which will enable our organizational digital transformation and the data as competitive advantage. We are looking for a BI & Analytics owner to define the design, capabilities, and implementation of an evolving data and analytics platform, for Converse Asia. You will work cross functionally with consumer knowledge, business intelligence, data science, engineering, and architecture teams to gather and thoughtfully document feature requirements then drive them through the product development lifecycle.
The BI & Analytics Product Owner must have experience successfully developing enterprise-scale data products and a deep understanding of how progressive reporting and analytics systems are designed, built, and operated. Candidates should have prior data architecture, design, and modeling experience and a deep familiarity with foundational data science. Success in this role will require an ability to understand both stakeholder and partner requirements to define the short and long-term strategy for delivery, document technical product specifications in appropriate detail, and work across engineering and architecture to guide development.
The ideal candidate must be able to comfortably maneuver from deep business domain & analysis work to defining technical requirements and potentially prototyping solutions. A leader who has previously contributed to a data platform, data warehouse, or data product technical programs, can influence via great technical requirements and engineering partnerships, and is excited to work in a dynamic data environment with a strong set of teammates will be a great fit for this role.
- Write, drive, and prioritize thoughtful and detailed functional specifications for data ingestion, data cleansing, data quality, analytic processing, BI, and data science use cases then drive them via an Agile development methodology
- Become a subject matter expert across the entire Converse data & analytics landscape, enabling the Converse organization for data-driven decision making.
- Use your distributed computing, database, analytics background to contribute to the ongoing short and long term vision for the platform
- Work with business teams, data scientists and data analysts on optimal data structures for efficiency of analysis
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively recommend sustainable corrective actions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, other quantitative disciplines, or related fields
- 5-10 years of relevant product experiences that can translate into defining platform vision and working with the best engineers, analysts and data scientists
- 5 years development experience in Data Warehouse, Data Analytics and BI technologies, strong SQL skills and experience of developing complex PL/SQL
- Strong knowledge and experience on BI representing tools, such as Tableau, Power BI, Cognos, QlikView, etc.
- Next generation technologies, including Spark, Hive, Snowflake, Python, RDS and Red Shift is a plus.
- Experience writing detailed technical specifications describing requirements for data movement, transformation, storage, quality checks, and read latency
- Incredible attention to detail, with structured problem solving approach
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Strong influence & interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the nature of web data and app data
- Understanding of data architecture, data taxonomy, and both structured and unstructured data
- Ability to be an active participant in architecture and design reviews, able to understand the technical implementation trade-offs to ensure that requirements are not misunderstood or being ignored by a given implementation plan
- Understanding of logical and physical data modeling
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with data transformation and BI tools
- Experience with retail or ecommerce domains is a plus