About the role
As the Total Rewards Director - APAC, you will be responsible for leading the TR Ops team comprising of Compensation and Benefits (C&B) Operations. This role will oversee the day to day operations of Nike’s Compensation and Benefits programs as well as cyclical Compensation and Benefits events for the Asia Pacific region. This role will have bold line reporting to the global TR Ops Senior Director and dotted line reporting to the HR Operational Services Director in Asia Pacific. This role will also be an important part of the APAC HR Operational Services Leadership team, driving an integrated HR agenda for the function and the business.
- Provide leadership & oversight to deliver integrated TR Operations and program excellence.
- Ensure quality program implementation, delivery and end to end accountability.
- Partner with stakeholders to manage and ensure program compliance.
- Drive effective stakeholder relationships and create feedback loop to inform further process & service improvements.
- Manage complex exceptions and/or service issue escalations to root cause & resolution.
- Practice and execute global program standards with consistency.
- Seek innovative and creative ways to obtain operational excellence with a focus on consumer experience.
- Responsible for defining program delivery quality and metrics.
- Provide leadership, coaching and guidance to a team of functional C&B specialists.
- Partner with TR COEs and TR Ops leaders in related initiatives and programs.
- Collaborate as one HR Operational Services team to ensure a seamless experience for our employees.
What success looks like
1. ONE HR – We are one HR team working across HR Operational Services, COEs and HRBPs. We act as one integrated team that supports each other for the success of the entire HR team.
2. FLAWLESS EXECUTION – We stand by our commitment to quality and compliance in everything that we do, placing the employees at the center of our decisions. We deliver flawlessly on HR services so that our employees and managers can focus on their work.
3. AGILITY & RESPONSIVENESS – Nike does not stand still as a business and neither should we. We are agile in responding to changing business needs and are constantly creating the future of HR service delivery whether in technology, vendors, operations or solutions.
The skills you need
- Compensation and Benefits knowledge: subject matter expert in benefits (health/wellness, retirement/savings, leaves) and compensation (base pay, incentives, service and recognition awards) programs.
- Regulatory Compliance: local knowledge of C&B related compliance and regulations.
- Consumer orientation: our consumer is our employees; apply the lens of the consumer in everything that we do, from the process, to the end product/service, the technology and the user experience.
- People leadership/coaching: our teams are our assets; we strive to lead, drive, coach and inspire our team members every single day.
- Communication and Influencing: clear and succinct written/oral communications are critical; we partner and align with each other to do what is best for the consumer and Nike.
- Curiosity: continuous learning, asking questions and listening with intent; we are always on the lookout for better ways of doing things, we do not settle for the status quo.
- Managing Ambiguity: leading through grey areas, ability to analyze and provide solutions.
- Collaboration: we win as a team, we set the pace and champion collaboration across our functions and business; we are stronger together when we respect and leverage each others’ strengths.
Experience we value
- 5-7 years experience in TR Operations (Compensation and Benefits operations).
- 3 years+ managerial experience in leading teams.
- Experience working in a matrix environment with bold and dotted line reporting.
- Multi-national corporate experience working across different time zones and geographies.
- Familiarity with the region’s labor regulations and employment tax laws.
- Experience with HR systems, solutions and technology.
- Experience in leading and implementing new HR programs and initiatives .