Share this job
Technical Lead - Web
Shanghai, China, China
Nike does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We’re looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
If you’re ready to innovate and lead in the Digital space, join Nike’s Digital Engineering organization. We bring together technology and process expertise to deliver one-stop solutions that enable Nike, Inc.'s digital products and services. We are responsible for creating, developing and deploying seamless, tailored and inherently social experiences to its Digital consumers. Working with our organization will be rewarding, challenging, and most definitely not be just another job.
Scope and Responsibilities:
As the Lead Web Application Engineer, your role on the team will include leading the technical direction on a scrum team of 4-5 developers who will develop all aspects of the commerce in the cloud consumer experiences. You will be involved in designing and building services and applications in a continuous delivery model to bring the Nike commerce cloud solution to the next level. This involves the development of Node composition services, web experiences and frameworks that improve security, reliability, maintainability, availability and performance for Nike.com.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other relevant subject area
- Minimum 10 years of technical experience with at least 4 years leading a team
- Expertise in designing and implementing highly scalable web applications in Cloud-based environment (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud etc)
- Experience leading multiple projects, both large and small projects including consumer web applications and data integration projects.
- Ability to delegate work and mentor the development team.
- Ability to work in a complex environment. Self-starter who can work without a lot of supervision or direction, willing to make decisions without checking with others.
- Experience estimating work, planning, organization and implementing complex software projects
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Commitment to and hands-on experience in performing technical code reviews
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Must have agile experience with applied principles and methods
- Ability to pass a 7 year background investigation.
- 2+ years of hands on experience with React (experience with other frameworks such as Angular is a plus), Redux, Template Technologies, Micro Services, REST Web Services
- Experience with browser APIs, including a working knowledge of event lifecycles and performance optimization
- E2E testing framework, such as Protractor
- Unit test frameworks such as Jest, Karma, Jasmine, Chai, Sinon
- Experience with Node.js, Babel is a plus
- HTML + HTML5, including Flexbox, semantic markup, accessibility and concepts such as OOCSS, BEM and ATOMIC)
- CSS + CSS2, including cross-browser compliance
- AWS skills a plus
- Basic Linux and command line skills
- Docker, Jenkins experience a plus