Share this job
Sustainability Professional II
Jakarta, Jakarta, Indonesia
As our Sustainable Manufacturing & Sourcing (SMS) Sustainability Professional II (Indonesia), you will be responsible for deploying Nike’s strategy to strengthen our source base compliance ecosystem. In this role, you will work closely with SMS Sustainability & Consultant Managers in South Asia, Regional SMS Director, SM&S field teams and factory leaders. You will need strong leadership, communication and consulting skills and will work cross-functionally, leveraging technical expertise to manage compliance audit, factory capacity building and issue management. The position is based in Jakarta and reports to the Sustainability Manager.
Responsible to manage programs and policies in human resource/labor, safety, health and environment for the purpose of providing employees with a safe and healthful workplace, safeguarding the community, and protecting the environment. Monitors to ensure compliance with governmental regulations, company and consensus standards.
- Develop country strategy to strengthen compliance ecosystem
- Compliance audit management
- Provide consulting program based on Nike Code of Conduct/Code Leadership standards and country law
- Working together with Nike functional leaders to manage Nike suppliers’ compliance performance throughout factory life cycle
- Collaborate / partner with key Nike stakeholders and business units (Footwear, Apparel, Equipment).
- Working together with key external stakeholders such as ILO/Better Work, government, subject matter expert and key industry players
- Manage risk assessment and issue management, factory incident reports (FIR), etc.
- Understanding of SMS strategies and approaches; recognized as expert in the Compliance field.
- Ability to prioritize information, develop strategy/action plans and execute strategies.
- Ability to manage complexity and work independently.
- Strong interpersonal / influencing skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English).
- Technical experience in areas such as compliance audit management, risk management.
- Previous people management experience, knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, and experience with Apparel and Footwear industries preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Sustainability, Code of Conduct, Compliance Program and Auditing, familiar with SA8000, ISO standards, Lean is helpful.
- Bachelor/Master Degree, with Social Compliance, Engineering and Sustainability related certification are a plus.
- Strong project/program management to deliver country projects/programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English.
- A strong team player with ability to work collaboratively in multi-cultural settings and diverse team.
- Strong organization skills, data analytical and reporting skills.
- Ability to work in Indonesia (and some part of South Asia) as well