Share this job
Senior Accountant - Statutory & Tax
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
As the Senior Statutory & Tax Accountant for Nike Trading Company B.V. Singapore Branch and Nike Global Trading B.V. Singapore Branch (“Trading Companies”), you will be primarily responsible for supporting the statutory and tax matters for Trading Companies as legal entities. You are also expected to provide support for new business models and any projects that may require input from statutory and tax compliance perspective. You will have to engage and partner with diverse internal stakeholders within Trading Company Finance, cross business unit Finance, Global Controlling (mainly LER2R), Tax, Legal and Treasury as well as external auditors and tax consultants.
(1) Business Excellence
• Apply Trading Companies legal entity framework in local compliance initiatives and statutory & tax reporting, to ensure financial reporting integrity in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
• Support monthly/ quarterly/ yearly close process and perform financial review analysis to meet US GAAP requirement.
• Manage the yearly Statutory Audits, Corporate Income Tax, Indirect tax (GST, WHT) and other statutory reporting (eg. governmental survey) to achieve objectives: (1) timely and accurate filing with clean report (2) driving process improvement and efficiency through collaboration across business units/ functions/ geo Finance teams.
• Provide technical insight into US GAAP/ IFRS/ SG FRS impact on Trading Companies financial statements, including hedge accounting qualification.
• Drive greater visibility and understanding around global intercompany allocations and local management service cross charges to uphold Trading Companies business model integrity and ensure data integrity recorded in the legal entity books.
• Support automation and simplification in processes, in order to continuously improve end to end processes, and at the same time maintaining strong corporate governance
(2) Business Insights/ Decision Support
• Provide support as required to advise new initiatives, projects to ensure that all business models are in compliance with local statutory and tax compliance.
• Engage with business partners and project teams to analyze end to end financial system and process impact, and drive necessary changes in supporting business initiatives.
• Provide ad hoc analysis as required
• A minimum of 3 – 4 year experience with the Big 4 and large MNCs, with experience in statutory and tax reporting
• A Bachelor degree in Accounting. CPA or equivalent professional qualification is a must.
• Knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS required
• A quick learner with ability to articulate complex technical topics to business partners
• A strong team player with ability to work collaboratively in multi-cultural settings with diverse stakeholders cross geography/ locations.
• Ability to work in ambiguous and high pace environment, dynamic environment
• Experience in ERP systems – SAP experience is highly preferred
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word, and Outlook