Share this job
Sales Account Director, Nike Sportswear
Tokyo, Japan, Japan
About the Sales team
Nike, Inc. knows how to sell sneakers. And apparel. And just about everything an athlete could need. The Nike Sales teams are the front line for getting these products into customer hands. Through sustained relationships with wholesale partners around the world — from a specialty store in Rome to a department store in midtown Manhattan — Nike Sales delivers the products, experiences and brand stories that define the brand. Nike’s success begins with the best sales team in the industry, one that deeply appreciates the consumer, the marketplace, and the products.
About the role
The Nike Sportswear (NSW) category is one of the key pillars of the Nike Japan business as we have some of the most sophisticated, on-trend, and sneaker savvy consumers in the world. To that end, the Strategic Account Director for NSW Category Specialty accounts is one of the most critical commercial roles in the total organization. Beyond setting the marketplace direction and strategy for these accounts, you will be at the forefront of bringing what’s new and innovative to the market and will lead the Globe as you do so. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to have incredible influence towards, and exposure to, Nike Global leadership as you lead one of the most dynamic Integrated Account Teams in Nike Japan which is responsible for one of our key global sportswear accounts.
Candidates for this role must be fluent in English (TOEIC minimum 850+). Japanese language skills would be an advantage but are not required for this role.
This role will require some travel to Nike Headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
- Develop a long term marketplace vision that is aligned with Nike’s Global Neighbourhood (NBHD) Sportswear strategy. Specific focus on key influencing accounts.
- Build a holistic account strategy for one of Nike's global sportswear accounts (encompassing such areas as assortment direction, digital expansion, business & financial planning) to deliver strong brand equity and revenue growth for Nike and the account.
- Create a door and banner expansion strategy for wthe account that they will adopt and roll-out over the coming two fiscal years
- Be the face of these critical accounts X-functionally in Japan up to being Nike Japan’s key representative at Nike Global NBHD meetings and at Top-32 (T32) account summits.
- Lead, coach, drive and inspire the NSW account teams to greatness, with a strong focus on learning and development planning for each team member
- Develop the x-functional Integrated Account Team for the account into the centre for best practices in Nike Japan and beyond
- Own the seasonal Category Game Plan process for all NSW Category Specialty accounts, with a deeper focus on the account to ensure strong business alignment through seasonal hindsighting and foresighting, and running comprehensive quarterly T2T meetings.
- University Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in a strategic and/or channel sales role.
- Proven track record as a leader who can exert strong influence over accounts, be persuasive and build consensus towards global leadership and develop talent and teams to new heights.
- Experienced in building door, banner and marketplace strategies that have driven incremental revenue gains and built/strengthened brand equity.
- Experience working across traditional brick & mortar business as well as digital.
- Strong affiliation with style, local influencers, Nike product knowledge and heritage.
- Very strong English language skill (minimum TOEIC 850+).