Share this job
SOCO Sports Marketing Director
Olivos, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Nike exists to innovate for athletes. Nike Sports Marketing professionals provide the vital linkage between the company and Nike-sponsored athletes, clubs and federations worldwide. Sports Marketing employees partner with premier athletes to collect insights about existing and future products, gather inspirational stories about sport and nurture long-term relationships between the athletes and the company. The team develops and executes sports marketing strategies, obtains endorsements and licensing agreements and serves as Nike ambassadors to the sports community worldwide. Their relationships build the foundation of Nike’s product creation: Nike creates exceptional products because its employees listen to exceptional athletes.
We are currently looking for a Sports Marketing Director for Soco. The nature of the work is focused on efforts to seek, sign and service sports assets as well as the management of the portfolio of individual and team/ club endorsements.
- Recruit, build and maintain positive relationships with potential new Nike key athletes to ensure brand acceptance and product satisfaction. Provide an exceptional level of insight and service to these athletes, while they are in the development phases of their careers to impact the usage of the Nike brand.
- Gather and analyze future potential Nike Athletes in assigned sports category who will influence the Nike brand by playing and future representation of the products. Gather, track and analyze statistical performance data on an ongoing basis and create positive relationships with these athletes
- Leverage relationships with players, agents, coaches, media, association personnel, etc. to propel the Nike brand mission and image within the designated sports industry and the marketplace and to maximize product sales
- Develop and execute strategy with the GEO Director of Sports Marketing and local Marketing teams to capitalize on key corporate business partners that will maximize potential sales through the sport and key athletes
- Gather and analyze product requirements from designated newly recruited athletes through product testing and provide feedback to product development team and field reps on an ongoing and timely basis to influence future product
- Maintain budgetary responsibility for forecasting and tracking on all programs associated with the Recruitment of Marquee Athlete’s. Prepare yearly analysis on return on investment
- Relevant sports industry connections, history and knowledge.
- Ideally someone coming from Sport Marketing experience
- Requires a Bachelors Degree and minimum of 8 or 9 years directly relevant work experience
- Note: One of the following alternatives may be accepted: PhD or Law + 6 yrs; Masters + 7 yrs; Associates degree + 9 yrs; High School + 10 yrs
- Fluency in English is a must