Share this job
SMS Operations Deployment Manager
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
As our Sustainable Manufacturing & Sourcing (SMS) Operations Deployment Manager (Singapore), you will be responsible for deploying Nike’s strategy to accelerate industry convergence, strengthen our compliance ecosystem and drive global consistency. In this role, you will work closely with SMS leadership in WHQ, Singapore, and Regional SMS Directors and field teams. You will need strong communication and transition management skills to support the deployment of the SMS strategies. This role will work cross-functionally and leverage technical expertise to develop deployment plans. You will actively seek the Nike field team and WHQ’s input when making improvements to existing processes. The position is based in Singapore and reports to the Labor Director in Singapore.
Transition Management of SMS tools and policies supporting industry convergence. Deploy strategies and manage transitions related to the following:
- Sustainability Assessment Tool Evolution – Refresh the SMS Index (SMSI) to align with Industry Tools
- Industry Tool Convergence and evolution of internal policies and SOP’s
- Audit Rating Criteria translation to Industry Tools
- Migration of existing tools to converged compliance tools
- Support migration of operating platforms
- Collaborate / partner with key Nike stakeholders and business units (Footwear, Apparel, Equipment).
- Drive policy consistency and support field team with relevant communications and tools.
- Support deployment of WHQ SMS Operations initiatives including 2025 targets, risk management reporting, factory incident reports (FIR), 3PA audit management support, standardization and consistency, etc.
- Understanding of SMS strategies and approaches; recognized as expert in the Compliance field.
- Advanced knowledge of program, project and transition management; ability to report status using quantitative and qualitative measures.
- Proven ability to prioritize information, develop action plans and execute business strategies.
- A high tolerance to ambiguity; ability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal / influencing skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English).
- Technical experience in areas such as compliance audit management, risk management.
- Previous people management experience, knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, and experience with Apparel and Footwear industries preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Sustainability, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Compliance Program and Auditing, familiar with SA8000, ISO standards, Lean is helpful.
- Bachelor/Master Degree, with Social Compliance, Sustainability related certification are a plus.
- Strong project/program management to deliver regional/global projects/programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English.
- A strong team player with ability to work collaboratively in multi-cultural settings with diverse stakeholders across geography/locations.
- Strong organization skills, data analytical and reporting skills.
- Ability to live and working in Singapore as well as travel (10-20%), occasional work on the manufacturing production floor.