Revenue & Margin Accounting Manager
Singapore , Singapore, Singapore
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
This role will manage and lead an integral team to shape and drive the controlling for all revenue and inventory related activities of the SEA&I territory. The role will also be expected to partner with commercial teams to provide revenue assurance support for new deal structures and assessments. In addition, this role will also manage all the related reserves and provisions, and Direct to Consumer (DTC) accounting scope. This will be done by being the point of contact for the business to foster greater understanding of how this scope can support commercial activities, and conducting training where required.
(1) People Leadership
- Drive performance management and development of 2 finance professionals, by ensuring proper resource planning, coaching, development and performance management
- Develop team capabilities in technical, systems and business process aspects of their roles
- Provide oversight and direction to ensure work performed by the team is accurate, reliable and timely
- Develop influential and collaborative relationships across finance and other cross-functional teams
(2) Business Insights / Decision Support
- Partner closely with SEA&I commercial and operations teams, Finance and Controlling including APLA Order to Cash and Inventory / Supply Chain Controlling Leads, and country teams to support the delivery of SEA&I revenue and margin, and related judgmental reserves, through cross-functional teamwork, integration and execution
- Provide thought leadership and decision-making support and analysis to enable strong business insights
(3) Business Excellence
- Drive and maintain processes and procedures to manage the accounting for revenue and inventory related reporting and controls, in compliance with US GAAP, IFRS and all local requirements. This includes completing timely and well documented contract reviews on all Revenue and Supply Chain related contracts exceeding defined threshold
- Review and implement new accounting policies and procedures cascaded from WHQ/APLA, and lead engagement with commercial and operations teams to ensure the required understanding of these new policies and procedures
- Partner actively with peer finance functions to support overall finance goals such as timely and error-free finance closings, and specifically in revenue recognition, inventory, and DTC accounting
- Drive and support cross-functional initiatives and process improvement projects related to scope
Requirements of the position include:
- 5-8 years’ experience with the Big 4 and large MNCs, with experience in the retail industry being a plus
- 2-4 years’ experience leading and managing teams with a demonstrated ability to build and develop the team
- A Bachelor degree in Accounting or Commerce. CPA or equivalent professional qualification is mandatory.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, such as US GAAP or IFRS, and internal control principles.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and strong business acumen, with ability to translate business requirements into financial risks and controls
- Ability to influence and communicate finance-related topics to a broad and diverse stakeholder group