Share this job
QUALITY ENGINEER / COLORIST
- Responsible for all color development activities for buy ready and to monitor seasonal supplier performance.
- Responsible for building and maintaining working relationship with vendors, including regular supplier visits for reviewing and discussing color & quality engineering and actively seeking their input/suggestions for color/quality management.
- Provides product quality/color expertise to category teams to ensure potential color/quality risks/defects are identified and prevented at the design stage and provides input based on quality/color data analyses, supplier capabilities and performance history.
- Provides product quality/color expertise to suppliers to ensure potential color/quality risks/defects are identified before production and provides inputs based on supplier capabilities and performance history.
- Reviews manufacturing plans to ensure manufacturing processes are capable of meeting specification and tolerance requirement consistently.
- Performs process capability analyses to color/qualify critical specifications and processes and to provide for manufacturing process control implementation.
- Provides support to suppliers & NIKE internal teams where necessary for new supplier evaluations and suppliers visits for training, problem solving, corrective action, and follow-up.
- Strong textile manufacturing process understanding and technical knowledge.
- Textile related degree holder with 2-3 years working experience as Textile Quality Engineer and/or Colorist. Previous experience worked in textile mill is preferred.
- Must have Color Discrimination Skills represented by a score of 16 or less using the Farnsworth-Munsell 100 Hue Test. A hue test will be conducted at the beginning of the interview. If the score fails, the interview will be terminated immediately.
- Familiar with lab testing, color lab dipping process and dyeing recipe combination.
- Strong analytical skill and able to work with numbers and trends.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Mandarin.
- Ability to work independently, proactive, self-motivated, positive work attitude, attention to detail, organized, strong sense of responsibility.
- Understanding of computers as a tool for report, research and communication. Good Excel skill is important.
- Occasional travelling is required