NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. Nike looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike products enable and inspire human potential, and it’s up to the Nike Product Development team to define, drive and perfect those products and experiences for consumers around the world. The Product Development Team leads the creation process, manages product lines, and maintains a keen understanding of consumer and market trends. Product team members operate at the intersection of buyer needs, technical feasibility and business objectives. Whether its basketball or skateboarding, apparel or footwear, one thing remains constant: the Product team delivers world-class products to help athletes push the boundaries of their potential.
Core Accountabilities of the Product Developer:
- The Product Developer coordinates the product creation process from initial concept to commercialization and production for assigned models.
- Leads on time delivery and development according to critical dates, product specification, sustainability, performance, and profitability goals.
- Collaborates with Design, Brand and Category Management as well as Merchandising, and Manufacturing to effectively execute product development goals and deliverables.
- Creates and maintains appropriate documentation for assigned products; ensures all appropriate development documentation is completed, including product specs, costing and prototype notes.
- Tracks and facilitates sampling and prototyping for products; identifies and addresses key issues and challenges in construction/manufacturing and plans accordingly to deliver proven and tested product.
- Monitors and communicates progress and challenges throughout the product testing process to meet product integrity requirements.
- The Product Developer keeps abreast of market trends, team goals, new technology and consumer needs throughout the development process.
- Engages appropriately to ensure projects are completed within corporate guidelines and goals for all facets of product creation.
Requirements for the position include:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in apparel development and manufacturing
- Strong project management and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of apparel manufacturing, costing and garment fit
- Understanding of the product creation process
- Ability to read product specs and understand relationships
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook