Share this job
Principal Software Architect – Nike Digital Engineering, China Digital Studio
Shanghai, China, China
Nike does more than outfit the world's best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We're looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it's about bringing what you have, to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
If you’re ready to innovate and lead in the Digital space, join our China Digital Studio’s Engineering team. We bring together technology and process expertise to deliver one-stop solutions that enable Nike, Inc.'s digital products and services. We use world-class technology, decades of athlete insights, and skills such as consumer analytics, statistics, digital marketing, software development, social media engagement and more to create, develop and deploy products and seamless experiences to athletes around the world.
We are excited about being at the forefront of the technology movement and we’re looking for others who want to join the club!Scope and Responsibilities:
As a Principal Software Architect, you will
· Lead design and building of solutions across Nike Digital Engineering, with a focus on evolving our eCommere platform
· Contribute a leading perspective on specific or emerging technologies in highly available, global scale, consumer web properties
· Integral in designing Nike’s next generation consumer platform, which will power future personalized consumer experiences across all touch-points.
· Lead the evaluation, implementation and design methodologies for globally scalable web architectures and products
· Work on the most complex projects and contribute to the overall strategic vision of the organization.
· Integrate a broad range of ideas regarding technical architecture and develop strategies for migration toward the architectural vision.
· Evaluate, design and document establish technical protocols and standards for Nike Digital Engineering use and evaluating vendor solutions.
· Provide integrated systems planning and recommend innovative technologies that will enhance the current systems.
· Provide thought leadership, create strategies and make recommendations on a wide variety of complex issues having a significant and strategic impact on processes and the business.
· Create, guide/mentor other architects in creating and maintaining roadmaps that connect business strategies to capabilities, and provide a milestone view of the cadence needed to move from current state to future state.
· Lead and influence teams and provide strategic leadership in service oriented methodology and design.
· Deliver a clear and documented, pragmatic, solution-orientated approach with applicability to meet immediate business needs.
· Demonstrate a strong ability to learn new information and systems quickly, work successfully in a highly matrixed organization and forge partnerships with peers, customers, and suppliers.
· Creates and maintains solution and technology inventories.
· Lead, build, manage, and enhance solution architectures to drive enablement of the longer term roadmap
· Works closely with solution/technical architects to deliver solution architecture artifacts needed for solution architecture approach deliverable
· Presents recommendations and solutions clearly and concisely and is able to focus on key points to portray the intended message or purpose
· Advocate and drive adoption of “best practices” to ensure standardization of solution architecture outputs across the enterprise
· Alignment with corporate strategies through strong business and technical thought leadership
· Effectively manage priorities, deliverables and timelines with little need for escalation
- Masters’ or Bachelors' degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 10+ years professional experience in the design of complex projects across web platforms & mobile applications, with internal and external design, development, and quality teams
- Minimum of 7 years of experience and success in designing, developing consumer-facing web applications for highly available, scalable and secure sites
- Experience designing APIs and creating RESTful microservices
- Functional experience & knowledge of cloud technology (AWS, Azure, etc…).
- Experience with both relational and No-SQL databases (Cassandra, DynamoDB etc)
- Experience in Docker, Kubernetes or other container technologies
- Experience with hierarchical and distributed code repository management tools like GIT
- Experience or exposure to Domain-Driven Design principles.
- Solid understanding of SLDC’s, Common development practices, Agile, and Lean principles.
- Demonstrated success in leading a methodical process of analyzing problems, gathering information, generating options and documenting solutions; then proposing and acting on a course of action
- Track record of leading others & positive change in solution definition, technical delivery, and process improvement
- ecommerce, SEO, and multivariate testing experience is a plus
- Successful track record dealing with executive level professionals to drive business outcomes