Share this job
New Commerce Business Manager, Nike Direct Digital
Tokyo, Japan, Japan
About the Nike Direct Digital Commerce team
As the Nike Direct Digital New Commerce Business Manager for Japan, you'll work closely with the broader Nike Direct Digital Commerce (NDDC) team working to leverage our portfolio of Digital Services and Experiences as we strive to serve athletes* through various consumer connections. You will work in close partnership with all groups within the Nike Direct Digital team, as well as our integrated marketplace team. In addition, this role will have interactions with various stakeholders within Nike’s World Headquarters location.
About the role
Nike is dedicated to providing a premium experience to our consumers and as the New Commerce Business Manager you will play a critical role in ensuring this goal is achieved. The ideal candidate will possess extensive digital commerce experience including working on platform or multibrand e-commerce environments. Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess strong operational and project management skills and the ability to work within a dynamic and complex matrix organization structure. To be effective you’ll possess a degree of comfort with ambiguity, an ability to simplify the complex and communicate effectively across various levels of the organization.
The right candidate is also a strong people manager and team player and will be comfortable navigating the Nike matrix and working with multiple partners towards a common goal. As a people manager, your ability to set a vision and prioritize deliverables across a complex body of work will be extremely important. Most importantly, you should be very excited about the opportunity to make a significant impact at Nike. This role will require some travel to Nike Headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
- Leads new digital commercial initiatives from business case to execution—inclusive of piloting/test & learn, scaling & passing to Geos as a capability/lever to drive business (e.g. Flash site, bundling, replenishment).
- Maintains expertise/awareness of industry-leading digital retail practices, inclusive of consumer trends & expectations.
- Proactively prepares and recommends compelling opportunities to business leadership.
- Works with key cross-functional partners to scope, prepare, and implement new business models and capabilities
- Run the commercial platform’s 365 offense, leading in-season read/react to respond to trends & opportunities with real-time relevance.
- Partner with local and global NIKE team members to enhance consumer journey & localize the experience where applicable.
- Leverage and partner with the Global Digital center of excellence to ensure Nike Japan is aware, and influences, Global New Commerce Playbooks.
- Bachelor's degree required (or additional 2 years of experience in lieu of a degree)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience with an emphasis on E-Commerce retail, preferably with experience focused on platform and/or multi-brand environments. Experience working in a global business environment preferred but not required
- Strategic acumen & high research proficiency with proven experience in project/program management of complex initiatives—from ideation to implementation
- GM muscle: consumer & results orientation, market mgmt., strategic acumen & finance proficiency
- Demonstrated knowledge of consumer-facing digital platforms & products. Capability of making sound business decisions and quickly understanding new information and situations
- Strong presentation skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills, including results packaging and development of management presentations required
- Business level written and verbal communications skills in English and Japanese required. Language requirement (e.g. Fluency in Japanese and English required. Minimum TOEIC 800+.)
Note to Recruitment Agencies: NIKE is not accepting candidate submissions from recruitment agencies NIKE does not have existing contracts with. NIKE will not be responsible for payment of recruitment fees for hiring of candidates whose resumes were submitted to NIKE employees or NIKE offices without NIKE’s prior permission.