Share this job
Material Development Manager
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
As the Materials Development Manager for Nike Advanced Manufacturing team, you will play a critical role building upon Nike s rich innovation history. It will be your responsibility to lead development of local source options, drive materials commercialization process, provide technical material expertise, support materials quality issue resolution between NIKE and manufacturing partners, oversee onboarding process for new material vendors respective to development expectations and timelines You will create a broad range of internal and external partnerships that will support the change of Nike current manufacturing process and ecosystems.
- Validate material tech sheet information as needed
- Commercialzation of core non-complex materials as well as a portfolio of projects with a focus on new, complex and high-risk materials
- Collaborate with WHQ and Vendors to resolve material quality issues
- Onsite technical consulting at the footwear manufacturer to assist in the selection of materials, material manufacturability concerns and escalation of risks to the material supplier.Â
- Ensure quality is consistent across locally sourced options to the â€œparentâ€ materials on the principal palette
- Develop, find and apply industry best practices
- Improve long term materials quality and application performance
- Teach development skills to others including the footwear manufacturer
- Provide guidance and expectations to newly on boarded materials suppliers.
- 5 years relevant experience in Material Development, Apparel or Footwear Industry.
- Bacherlor´s Degree in Textiles and/or Engineering
- Proficient in oral and written english level.
- Ability to travel 30% of the time