Share this job
MATERIAL DEVELOPER I - Converse Branch
• Manages the materials creation process from initial concept through to commercialization and production for assigned materials to lead to on time delivery and development according to critical dates, product specification, sustainability, performance and profitability goals.
• Creates and revises appropriate documentation for assigned materials; ensures all appropriate development documentation is maintained including product specs and prototypes.
• Tracks and facilitates sampling and prototyping for materials; identifies and addresses key issues and challenges in manufacturing and plans accordingly to deliver proven and tested materials. Monitors and communicates challenges throughout testing process to meet materials integrity requirements.
• Keeps abreast of market trends, new technology and consumer preferences.
• Collaborates with Manufacturing to drive the pricing process.
• Serves as a technical advisor on materials to Product Developers.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• 3~5 years’ experience in materials areas or supply chain management
• Textile engineering background (related education or work experiences) is preferred
• Need to work with textile/leather/synthetic leather, and component suppliers with technical/testing/supply support and information and be able to communicate on behalf of Nike needs
• Efficient communication skills and strong written and verbal English skill
• Assertive and not passive, ability to project or vendor manage with little direction
• Willing to travel to overseas
• Aggressive attitude in learning