Share this job
Logistics Project Manager - CLC Construction
TaiCang, China, China
As a Project Manager on the China Logistics, you will be part of a high performing team delivering new logistics capabilities and optimize supply chain flow. You will bring a high level of experience in hands-on project management. Large project management experience and building (Warehouse/factory) construction expertise is a must, and we are looking for people who are passionate about the world of value-driven solution delivery.
Your Role on the Team
As the logistics project manager, you will perform hands-on project management. The successful candidate will:
- Understand and articulate the business value in project management.
- Develop and implement an overall project management strategy and roadmap for GC.
- Execute efficient Project Management practices, standards, tools, and processes leveraging best practices and applying Agile principles. Ensure alignment with global methodology.
- Provide consulting to project leaders, as necessary, to drive understanding and adoption of PMO processes.
- Prepare and analyze key program data, trending, and reporting information to drive program level insights in the critical areas of scope, schedule, budget, quality, risk, and benefits realization.
- Use data to drive fact-based decision making.
- Identify project risks and recommend corrective responses, as necessary, to improve performance.
- Provide direct project management for critical tracks of work including scope, schedule, cost, resource management, quality, risk management, and change control.
- Responsible for understanding and communicating project dependencies and constraints; driving clarity of critical path tasks; and timely tracking, update, and management of deliverable status, estimate to complete, dependencies, and milestones.
- Responsible for understanding, ensuring accuracy, and communicating project metrics and analytics to drive rigorous execution, enable early insight to potential issues, and support data driven decision making to ensure the project remains on course for success
- Potentially lead a team of FTE and/or Contractor Project Managers to deliver high quality solutions, on time.
- Coach and mentor project team members in an inspirational and effective manner
- A Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, General Engineering, Architecture or related field. Masters degree in related field (ie. MBA,) preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience within Supply Chain, Construction Management or a related field. ASRS (Automated Storage Retrieval System) experience is preferred.
- At least 5 years of project management roles. Project management certification preferred (PMP and/or PgMP).
- Expert level program/project management skills in development and delivery of large scale construction implementation.
- Proven track record of being results orientated with demonstrated ability to achieve aggressive goals.
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to gather relevant data and information, actively listen, dialogue freely, verbalize ideas effectively, negotiate tense situations successfully, and manage and resolve conflict.
- Proven presentation and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated expertise of building consensus across business partners and influencing successful outcomes.
- Must excel working in team-oriented roles that rely on ability to collaborate with others.
- Highly analytical with ability to leverage decision support tools and analytic models to drive data-driven decision making (Microsoft © Excel, Tableau, etc)
- Fluent English in Writing & Speaking