Share this job
Lead Manufacturing Engineer
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, Vietnam
- Leverage category, functional, and technical knowledge to influence the product and process for developing and manufacturing footwear. Be an expert resource within the category/manufacture to resolve product issues in development, commercialization and post-production.
- Work closely and communicate often with other engineers in other manufacturing countries to obtain consistency in technical, development and production across respective categories.
- Collaborate with the engineering and category teams on a regular basis to develop footwear best practices and proliferate across the factory base.
- Act as mentor to junior engineering teammates to better prepare them for future growth and challenges.
- Support technical training and mentorship to extended teams.
- Support innovation plans in support of categories and infrastructure needs and ensure proven and tested readiness of new technologies and methods to production.
- Collaborate with NXT to provide manufacturing solution path that brings concepts to life.
- Lead high-profile cross category initiatives.
- Lead categories sustainability initiatives.
- Lead and drive product excellence, category innovation and costing excellence.
- Awareness and understanding of corporate strategic plans and initiatives and ability to execute against the plan. Understand and identify NLO and factory engineering capabilities and gaps.
- Support and drive Modernization/Automation initiatives.
- Foster and develop lean production creation mindset with team members and execute process optimization in the spirit of lean manufacturing.
- Drive the use of data driven process development and project management tools.
- Build good working relationships with factory partners to enable collaboration and transparency.
- Lead cross functional projects and manufacture initiatives.
- College degree in related technical/engineering field. Additional experience required in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum 6 years combined footwear manufacturing and technical capacity experience.
- Able to communicate well both in written and spoken English.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills. Demonstrate advanced skills and knowledge of lasts, footwear pattern, tooling, basic chemical engineering and various footwear construction processes.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of footwear manufacturing machinery and processes. Demonstrated understanding of material properties, test methods and applications.
- General knowledge of mold engineering required. Must be familiar with materials used in category specific footwear. Must know machinery used in the manufacturing of category footwear and expected results.
- Leather footwear experience with a good understanding of the development and manufacturing of leather footwear (leather handling and processing, pattern engineering, material properties).
- Proficient in interpreting technical drawings, sketches and digital files in 2D/3D.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload. Operate independently and in teams.
- Travel as needed to support engineering and production initiatives.
- Ability to work across cultures and navigate an organization matrix.
- Performs work in support brand plans, demonstrate links between daily work and company mission. Participate in initiatives, programs, or products with gradual ownership.
- Work independently with guidance in most complexes situations.