Share this job
Intern, City Merchandising Analyst
Tokyo, Japan, Japan
About the Territory Merchandising team
As part of Nike functions, our role as Territory Merchandising is to not only maximize our business potential thru Consumer Right Assortment (CRA) for each channel of our distribution but also ensure premium consumer experience at retail thru merchandising, whether it is on digital platforms or at B&M stores. As we set ourselves to get after these ultimate goals, Territory Merchandising establishes 3 different subsets in itself: Marketplace Merchandising to manage Key Account assortment planning in wholesale accounts, Nike Direct Merchandising to manage assortment planning for our direct retail channels (Nike.com and Nike Stores), and newly created City Merchandising to oversee merchandising strategy for the consumer segments that are critical for our brand to win in Tokyo and implement it into the key doors we identify as Must Win Destinations with tailored assortment frameworks/plans for them.
About the role
As a City Merchandisign Analyst, you are expected to be the voice of Tokyo consumers thru observing/listening to them in multiple different occasions, and translate it into product/assortment opportunities by combining the consumer insights with the merchandising metrics you will gain thru the marketplace analysis.
- Execute comprehensive research on consumer profiles at Tokyo Must Win Destinations (MWD).
- Build close, interactive connection with different consumer segments thru regular marketplace visits and/or organized panel interviews with those consumers.
- Collect consumer/product insights at Tokyo MWD and feed them into associated merchandising teams thru GTM process.
- Pursue a high-level analysis on key merchandising metrics (SKU capacity/Price Point/ Category/Product Division) at Tokyo MWD.
- Explore potential new commerce opportunities in Tokyo thru the findings and learnings from the above.
**All applications (resume + essay) must be submitted no later than 6pm Sunday May 27th (JST) Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered. **
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including practical presentation skills (PowerPoint/KeyNote). with fluent Japanese and business level English. (TOEIC 700).
- Solid analytical skills (Excel) and problem solving mindset with ability to make robust recommendations.
- Familiar with youth culture and trends: High level of interests in fashion, sneaker and sports.
- Ideally born and raised in Greater Tokyo area and/or have lived in the area for more than 5 years.
- Strong information seeking skills and follow-through.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated with strong organizational skills preferred.
- High literacy to digital culture/commerce preferred.