Share this job
Industrial Engineer II
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, Vietnam
The nature of the work is focused on the internal or external production of products. Develops engineering proposals to for implementation and evaluation of integrated systems of people, information, equipment, energy, material, and process using and applying engineering principles, research data, and proposed product specifications. Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Develops, designs, and plans equipment and machine layouts, workflow, and safety precautions to maximize utilization of plant and manufacturing facilities.
- Ensures compliance with established industry safety and design standards and guidelines. Evaluates worker productivity and recommends improvements to increase manpower efficiency.
- Tracks productivity rates and time standards for work. Provides training and coaching to improve rates and lower risk of injury.
- Facilitates training in Process Improvement ideas and techniques. Assists teams in identifying and modifying processes to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field from an accredited University.
- 7+ years relevant industry (manufacturing, industrial or mechanical engineering) experience preferred.
- Experience working in or working closely with factories or a production environment.
- Excellent ability to independently manage projects and communicate progress and priorities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Industrial Engineering techniques such as Time / Motion Studies, Line Balancing, Line Utilization / Capacity analysis, Value vs Non-Value process analysis, Value Stream Mapping
- Must be fluent in English and Vietnamese with excellent computer (MS Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint), written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be an energetic self-starter with a passion for effecting change in a dynamic environment.