Share this job
IRM Nike.com Manager, Marketing
Tokyo, Japan, Japan
About the IRM NIKE.COM team
At Nike we see a vast amount of potential in the digital world. Over the years Nike has never been afraid to explore digital opportunities early on and that’s one of the areas where we hold a strong competitive advantage. You will be joining a team whose primary objective is to spread the Swoosh across a number of owned and external channels and will be working closely with merchandising, category brand and membership teams, as well as a number of external partners.
About the role
In this role, you’ll need to develop a strong understanding of the Nike brand, best ways to market the products and most importantly the consumer. You’ll need to work with numerous partners to make sure Nike brand voice is consistently heard across all digital platforms and is relevant to the consumer. You will also be expected to present your findings and insights to the broader team on a regular basis. Presentation skills are highly valued in Nike. We are looking for a strong team player who will be comfortable navigating the Nike matrix and working with multiple partners toward a common goal.
- Lead digital experience of Nike on external platforms and team up with merchandising and category brand to deliver business growth.
- Work with new business partners to expand the reach of Nike Direct channels and connect with consumer whichever platform she chooses to be on.
- Link site metrics to overall brand metrics for evaluation of strategy vs execution.
- Provide ideas and content that are inspirational, enriching, insightlful and entertaining for the consumer.
- Help develop and coach a team of high-performing individuals and drive strategic direction with regards to branding and revenue.
- Bachelors’ degree in Business, Economics, Marketing or a related field required (an additional 2 years of experience in lieu of a degree). MBA highly preferred.
- Good understanding of NIKE brand, digital platforms and Japanese consumer.
- 5 years of previous digital experience in a brand or an ecommerce business.
- Previous experience in orchestrating targeted communications, such as email, LINE, push notifications and/or overseeing website / app / project launch.
- Demonstrated ability to turn data insights into recommended actions and to present findings to the broader team.
- 2 years of experience in managing and developing a team.
- Language requirement (e.g. Fluency in Japanese and English required. Minimum TOEIC 800+.)
Note to Recruitment Agencies: NIKE is not accepting candidate submissions from recruitment agencies NIKE does not have existing contracts with. NIKE will not be responsible for payment of recruitment fees for hiring of candidates whose resumes were submitted to NIKE employees or NIKE offices without NIKE’s prior permission.