TaiChung , Taiwan, Taiwan
- Utilizes advanced technical knowledge related to footwear; patterns and construction to provide leadership for complex Innovation concept development projects.
- Works closely with Innovation Design leadership to understand the creative vision of the team and translate design concepts into product.
- Works with Innovation Design, Inline Development, and manufacturing to effectively execute on advanced technical project development goals and deliverables. Ensure innovation projects and concepts successfully transfer into the inline product creation team.
- Provides leadership to managers, supervisors and/or professional staff
- Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple related units
- Develops departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities
- Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives
- Applies business and management expertise to achieve financial and operational objectives within or across disciplines or departments
- Identifies and resolves complex technical, operational and organizational problems
-Is accountable for the performance and results of related disciplines or departments
-Makes decisions guided by functional business plans that impact the support and funding of projects, products, services and/or technologies
- Leads projects or programs with significant risk and complexity to achieve milestones and objectives; develops the strategy for project execution. Utilize the resources of functional support.
- Performs work in support of brand plans; integrates company mission into projects; leads or participates in key initiatives, programs or products with moderate to wide visibility
- Responsible for actions and managing risks that have shared or moderate impact on own business and limited short-term impact on company assets
- Decisions and actions impacting company image require senior leadership oversight and/or are constrained by policies
- Strong understanding and application of managerial concepts and techniques in areas such as project/change management, idea creation, employee development, coaching, and cross-team effectiveness
- Demonstrated leadership in fostering continuous learning, empowerment, involvement, and opportunities.
- Ability to provide inspiration and establish an independent view, effectively collaborate in decision-making, and motivate others, especially during difficult situations or on tough organizational issues
- Exceptional application of development skills including high-level concept development.
- Experience in Footwear with proven ability to incorporate product management and design principles in development.
- Detail oriented with strong working knowledge of footwear development, commercialization, and manufacturing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both English and Mandarin, including meeting facilitation and presentations.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex and/or controversial topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience and ability to develop strong working relationships with management and external resources. Strong knowledge of cross team collaboration.
- Capable of exercise high degree of professionalism and capable of effectively elevate strategic concerns to executive team in a timely and accurate manner.
- Sound judgment and ability to provide information toward the determination of policy and strategy.
- Minimum of 10+ years directly relevant experience in footwear research, development or manufacturing.
- Expert knowledge in footwear construction, materials, and the product creation life cycle.
- Proven record in creative visioning and strategic thinking around consumer products or business.
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including ability to motivate and mentor in the function.