Share this job
HR Operations Manager, Japan
Tokyo, Japan, Japan
About the role
The HR Operations Manager, Japan will act as a single point of contact for the Japan territory or business specific HRBPs and HR Managers.
The role is responsible for driving end to end integration of services through regional HR service centers. The HR Operations Manager facilitates all required HR Operational programs (from annual events through to HR Shared Agenda initiatives to local requirements).
By gathering insights and partnering with local, regional and global peers the HR Operations Manager will provide a strong voice in opportunities to continually serve our employees. He/She will manage escalations and facilitate issue resolution through to completion. They will provide onsite operational support for HR projects and initiatives and recurring programmatic events (pay reviews, talent assessments etc). They are responsible for partnering with the HR Operational Services team on the full scope of HR Operations services delivered to the countries of support.
This role is based in Tokyo and services Nike Japan. The role requires a strong background in stakeholder management. Key Stakeholders include the HRBPs and HRMs serving Nike Japan. Working across various time zones as well as travel to Singapore, WHQ and other locations may be required depending on business-critical activations and programs.
The HR Operations Manager role reports to the APAC Regional Director, and is an active member of the APAC HR Operations Leadership team.
- Working knowledge and experience in Japan payroll processes and local Payroll related regulations is required.
- Project manage competing priorities in the region and local territories while ensuring key operational and project deliverables are met in a timely manner.
- Country or Business specific subject matter expertise related to HR Operations, payroll, benefits and compliance.
- Experience supporting Nike Direct is valued.
- Ability to flex priorities based on demand and program. prioritization.
- Experience providing exceptional service to internal customers and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field; or two years additional experience in lieu of a degree.
- At least 5 years of varied/progressive Customer Service, HR Operations or related business experience. Strong communication skills. Business analysis and problem solving skills.
- HR policy and process knowledge.
- Knowledge of theories, practices and procedures in HR.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and timelines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluency in both Japanese and English (minimum TOEIC 800+).