- Manages the product creation process from initial concept through to commercialization and production for assigned models to lead to on time delivery and development according to critical dates, product specification, sustainability, performance, and profitability goals.
- Collaborates with WHQ Development, Product Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Costing, Materials, Industrial Engineering and manufacturing Partners to effectively execute on product development goals and deliverables.
- Mentor NLO and PCC Developers. Work with them and make them understand how WHQ operates, as well as show them how to own and drive development, problem solve and communicate effectively.
- Tracks and facilitates sampling and prototyping for products; identifies and addresses key issues and challenges in construction/manufacturing and plans accordingly to deliver proven and tested product.
- Monitors and communicates progress and challenges throughout the product testing process to meet product integrity requirements.
- Help drive In-line Category Innovation, working with both the WHQ Category as well as with the PCC’s to execute ideas provided as well as generating own ideas
- Internal leader in footwear development, heading highly complex models and new product introductions.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor Degree and minimum of 5 years directly relevant work experience
- Strong understanding of footwear construction, materials, and the product creation life cycle.
- Seasoned project manager and problem solver able to handle complex product launches.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to champion complex projects both cross functionally and vertically within the organization.
- Strong understanding of how WHQ operates. Preferably having worked in the WHQ Category and able to explain all the functions in WHQ Product Creation.
- Able to work independently, deal with ambiguity.