Financial Controller - Thailand
Bangkok , Thailand, Thailand
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to be an integral member to country leadership team. Successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of financial management, risk & compliance management and team coaching and development. Exposure to regional matrix reporting structure is a plus in MNC environment.
- Maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and local accounting and regulations.
- Support the delivery of SEA business results and KPIs with cross functional teamwork, integration and execution
- Ensure that all statutory filing requirements are met, not limiting to direct & indirect taxes, legal, corporate governance and regulations include dealing with Custom & Tax authorities
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of monthly actuals reporting and timely resolution of monthly accounts reconciliations by country Finance team.
- Support our matrix reporting structure with teamwork collaboration with SEA HQ. Collaborative teamwork and engagement with SEA HQ Finance team.
- Review monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting as compared to budget/forecast.
- Manage the cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy.
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance with internal and external financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist in providing thought leadership and decision making support and analysis to enable sustainable business growth.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures …. Liaison on audit, legal, tax, buy-sell and treasury issues.
- Support X-functional initiative and process improvement projects.
Requirements of the position include:
- University degree in Accounting, Commerce, or Business Management/ Administration.
- CPA is mandatory
- Chartered Accountant, ACCA is preferable
- Knowledge of SAP and ERP system is a must
- 8 - 10 years experiences in accounting/audit and/or finance field, experience in MNC environment will be an added advantage.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and internal control principles.
- Strong knowledge of compliance in term of accounting principle, taxation, VAT and business processes.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills to evaluate alternatives and provide recommendations on business issues.
- Well-developed written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work in a team, dynamic and high energy matrix environment
Proficiency in the use of computer programs for:
- Accounting (SAP system), BPC, Concur
- Word processing, Excel, Powerpoint (MS)