Share this job
Environmental Deployment Director
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
The Sustainable Manufacturing and Sourcing (SM&S) team is positioned as the strategic bridge between the Sustainable Business and Innovation (SB&I); the Manufacturing Revolution (ManRev); and the Global Sourcing and Manufacturing (GSM) groups.
Our team is responsible for creating and driving game-changing innovations and excellence in Sustainable Manufacturing that leverages from game changing innovation and excellence in the areas of Energy, Waste, Water and Chemistry that unlocks business value for NIKE Inc. and its manufacturing partners.
As our SM&S Environmental Deployment Director, you will be responsible for contribution and collaborating with WHQ based Senior Environmental Director and Functional Directors on strategies that drives improved business performance globally, supporting the deployment of environmental initiatives and practices that support the NIKE’s sustainability targets. You will be the critical link in strategy deployment, driving planning and execution of initiatives through the Strategy Deployment team, Environmental Field team, Factory Partners and with Functional Directors. You work closely with the Regional Directors and Strategy Deployment Director resourcing, training, capability building of the Labor field team.
You provide critical insights to the global SM&S Environmental leadership that will help inform and shape Nike Inc’s strategy to maximize value through sustainability.
You will also be the field representative, provide input to the Functional Directors whom are responsible driving an environmental innovation strategy that positions NIKE Inc as a global leader in this discipline by developing critical partnerships, technologies and initiatives that elevates manufacturing best practice; and accelerates innovation to solve some of the industry’s most challenging opportunities.
We are looking for someone who will bring curiosity and creative thinking to the work, and a proven track record of delivering innovative yet robust solutions to a complex and diverse supply chain. You will need strong leadership, partnering and influencing skills in order to support the coordination and deployment of Nike Inc’s Environmental Excellence and Innovation strategy; and to provide coaching and mentoring to the country-based Environmental field teams globally to ensure the highest value is generating across Nike Inc’s contract factory supply chain. You will also need to partner with key senior leadership throughout NIKE Inc to ensure the deployment is in consistent alignment with business priorities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- Masters degree in Environmental Engineering, Sciences or a relevant business degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience leading strategy development and/or innovation that has shifted a company’s practice or improved industry best practice.
- 5+ years of proven people and team management skills leading a broad and culturally diverse work team.
- Proven ability to develop, lead and implement complex strategies across a broad base of cross-functional business stakeholders.
- Proven ability to develop and lead complex strategies across a broad base of cross-functional external stakeholders including NGO’s, academia, entrepreneurs, industry organizations.
- Strong formal and informal communications skills where complex concepts and ideas are understood at all levels of the organization.
- Strong leadership attributes with the ability to motivate and influence others. Willing and able to lead by example and to take responsibility to achieve business results.
- Understands and has experience in the power of systems innovation, collaboration and influencing to achieve business results
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally up to 30% of your time.