Share this job
Director of Solution Architect
Shanghai, China, China
Nike does more than outfit the world's best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We're looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it's about bringing what you have, to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Athletes constantly chase their potential. They seek information, motivation and the gear to give them an edge over the competition. Play an unique role in influencing Nike’s digitial technology landscape as a part of Nike Greater China. Nike Digital enables NIKE, Inc.'s digital products and services that inspire athletes to do one more lap, one more crunch or one more marathon.
As a Solutions Architect, you will be architecting and evangelizing the future platforms for Nike Enterprise and Digital by being a part of a highly visible team that is focused on aligning strategic objectives with tactical demands.
You will engage, collaborate and partner with various functional leaders, technical leaders and executive stakeholders to understand long and short term business and technology strategies, provide thought leadership and engage in proactive planning of an executable technology roadmap.You will be responsible for coaching developers to continuously elevate their engineering skills to deliver innovative and high quality technical solutions that enables our engineering teams to build capabilities in a consistent, maintainable and highly scalable manner. You’ll lead by example, evangelize our agile culture, and be an advocate of new technology and development techniques. The successful candidate is a proven architect with excellent communication and relationship building skills.
We are excited about being at the forefront of the technology movement and we’re looking for others who want to join the club!
Lead design and building of solutions across Nike Digital Engineering, with a focus on evolving our eCommere platform
Contribute a leading perspective on specific or emerging technologies in highly available, global scale, consumer web properties
Integral in designing Nike’s next generation consumer platform, which will power future personalized consumer experiences across all touch-points.
Lead the evaluation, implementation and design methodologies for globally scalable web architectures and products
Work on the most complex projects and contribute to the overall strategic vision of the organization.
Integrate a broad range of ideas regarding technical architecture and develop strategies for migration toward the architectural vision.
Evaluate, design and document establish technical protocols and standards for Nike Digital Engineering use and evaluating vendor solutions.
Provide integrated systems planning and recommend innovative technologies that will enhance the current systems.
Provide thought leadership, create strategies and make recommendations on a wide variety of complex issues having a significant and strategic impact on processes and the business.
Create, guide/mentor other architects in creating and maintaining roadmaps that connect business strategies to capabilities, and provide a milestone view of the cadence needed to move from current state to future state.
Lead and influence teams and provide strategic leadership in service oriented methodology and design.
Deliver a clear and documented, pragmatic, solution-orientated approach with applicability to meet immediate business needs.
Demonstrate a strong ability to learn new information and systems quickly, work successfully in a highly matrixed organization and forge partnerships with peers, customers, and suppliers.
Creates and maintains solution and technology inventories.
Lead, build, manage, and enhance solution architectures to drive enablement of the longer term roadmap
Works closely with solution/technical architects to deliver solution architecture artifacts needed for solution architecture approach deliverable
Presents recommendations and solutions clearly and concisely and is able to focus on key points to portray the intended message or purpose
Advocate and drive adoption of “best practices” to ensure standardization of solution architecture outputs across the enterprise
Alignment with corporate strategies through strong business and technical thought leadership
Effectively manage priorities, deliverables and timelines with little need for escalation
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 8+ years professional experience in the design of complex projects across web platforms & mobile applications, with internal and external design, development, and quality teams
- Minimum of 5 years of software architecture experience and success in the conceptual, logical and physical architecture of consumer-facing web applications for highly available, scalable and secure sites
- Expert knowledge of web technologies and application stacks - Java, AWS, Micro Services, Domain Driven Design, Cloud Caching, and No SQL Databases (ex. DynamoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
- Strong preference for experience designing high-availability, highly scalable and consumer-facing web applications
- Working knowledge of CI/CD, Scrum and agile principles
- Demonstrated success in leading a methodical process of analyzing problems, gathering information, generating options and documenting solutions; then proposing and acting on a course of action.
- Motivated by and comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Track record of leading others & positive change in solution definition, technical delivery, and process improvement
- Strong business acumen to quickly learn new business processes and understand how technology can enable achieving revenue and profit goals
- ecommerce, SEO, and multivariate testing experience is a plus
- Ability to pass a 7 year background investigation