Share this job
Digital Studio - Principal Director of Product (Tmall)
Director of Product, China Digital
Nike Digital is creating the world’s most innovative, authentic and connected sport & fitness ecosystem to help all athletes unleash their true potential (and if you have a body, you're an athlete). From its origins with Nike+ Running to NikeFuel and the Nike+ FuelBand, Nike Digital continues to lead this emerging nexus of sport and digitally enabled products, experiences and services. The China Partnerships team helps amplify, scale, accelerate, and complement Nike Digital within China by identifying and executing critical partnerships, leading innovation initiatives and collaborating on the strategic vision for the future of Nike.
The Director of Product will lead the digital team responsible for designing and executing innovative digital consumer products across Greater China. The team will oversee the tailoring of Nike global digital products (mobile app and web) for local consumers, integrating Nike digital experiences into key platforms in the China digital ecosystem via partnerships (e.g. WeChat Tmall), and delivering China market unique digital products as the opportunities arise. This role will drive the coordinated digital product team and own the product roadmap for the region. The role reports to the head of the head of the China Digital Studio.
To be successful in this job, you will need a unique combination of attributes. You have a passion for and good understanding of both the digital and physical sport and fitness markets within China. You will have significant experience in the digital and physical sport and fitness markets within China. You are an expert in digital product, design and have domain knowledge in engineering and platform partnerships. Similarly, you have experience building momentum and aligning multiple constituencies within large organizations, and a credibility with and understanding of the startup and venture capital communities. You are capable of defining a vision, marshaling resources, executing on an initiative and presenting the results to Senior Leadership.
Are you in?
- Define and prioritize product experience and capabilities for consumers
- Identify and activate opportunities to integrate Nike experiences into China digital ecosystem
- Set and own a China-specific product roadmap, aligning with Global product, design and engineering leaders to balance localization, speed, scale and leverage
- Manage key digital capabilities in China (e.g., payment, 1:1 targeted communication/engagement, seamless marketplace)
- 7+ years’ experience leading and managing an end-to-end consumer digital product
- organization with a large scale, high quality product portfolio
- Experience with UX and UI design
- Knowledge of design thinking
- Experience working in a multi-discipline team with matrixed reporting structures
- Passion for identifying emerging trends in the digital space and leading innovation
- Experience with startup and/or technology community
- Background and skillset to manage complex initiatives from start to finish
- Strong interpersonal, consensus-building skills, with ability to communicate and achieve results across multiple audiences
- Fluent in Chinese & English (written & verbal)
- MBA preferred