Share this job
Digital Content Writer
Tokyo, Japan, Japan
About the role
As a Digital Content Writer, you’ll support the world’s most iconic athletic brand by arming consumers with the knowledge they need to get the most out of their Nike experience. You’ll be part of a flexible, fast-moving culture made up of multi-talented team players who prize collaboration, but who also have the individual confidence and discipline to tackle complex independent projects. You’ll need to be a skilled and creative writer, including being able to explain the complex in simple terms and using the correct voice. An editorial eye is important, as is a knowledge of SEO and online trends. And because our world is continuously evolving, you’ll need to possess curiosity and a love of learning.
Applicants must have the equivalent of Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) N1 to be eligible to be considered for this role.
This role will require some travel to Nike Headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
- Research, create and edit content for a variety of digital platforms aimed at both internal and external audiences.
- Leverage SEO and web analytics data to prioritize content needs.
- Collaborate with business partners on content needs, based on product and business developments across the company.
- Manage existing content, including making timely updates and archiving what’s no longer needed and responding to internal and external feedback on content, including making updates to existing, or creating new, content when appropriate.
- Implement SEO best practices as part of all content creation.
- Promote new and/or updated content to internal global audiences and work with geographically disperse teams to determine translation/localization needs.
- Manage content projects from beginning to end.
- Writing: Experience in copywriting, editorial, or journalism is a nice-to-have. Please provide examples that demonstrate your work with a brand, and examples of technical or explanatory writing if any. The right candidate can take complex scenarios and processes and present them to a broad audience with clarity and concision.
- Experience and education: College degree, preferably in communications, writing or journalism. Educational requirement may be substituted with equivalent industry-related business experience. Fluency in Japanese and English required (Minimum TOEIC 800+ is a must.
- Brand voice: A deep understanding of brand voice is essential. You need to be versatile enough to apply voice in diverse situations and to different ends. You’re naturally very curious, and love diving deep into a subject.
- Work under deadline: Experience working with deadlines, and the ability to organize and prioritize projects to make sure concurrent projects are finished on time. This will require working with Cross Functional teams. The successful applicant will be comfortable shifting gears quickly, tackling diverse departmental functions, and working with colleagues across the business.
- Computer Technical skills: SEO and HTML. Our team is well versed in the ins and outs of search engine algorithms and have a basic understanding of HTML.
- Digital management systems: Experience and comfort with content/knowledge management systems is a big plus.
- Internet and social knowledge: Internet savvy and social media awareness are important. Two years of experience or more preferred.