Share this job
Digital Buyer/Marketing Specialist, Hurley
Tokyo, Japan, Japan
About the Hurley Team
Hurley does more than outfit the world’s best surfers. We’re a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We’re looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Hurley, it’s about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
About the role
As a Hurley Digital Buyer/Merchandiser the nature of the work is focused on buying, presenting and merchandising product to consumers via Hurley.com. You play an active role in all stages of the product life cycle ensuring we have the right product available, at the right time, with optimal inventory. Working closely with the global team, you will provide data and business analysis to help drive profitable growth across all business units to inform global, and channel-level assortments.
As a Hurley Digital Marketing Specialist, you will be responsible for planning and executing various marketing campaigns through five various marketing channels such as email, affiliates, and social in Japan. You will be working closely with the global team on a weekly basis, as well as Nike Japan DTC performance marketing teams to identify opportunities for cross-category exposure.
You will support the global performance marketing team in driving the roadmap and contributing to strategic projects. On a day-to-day basis you will drive the process of utilizing global assets and strategy to drive traffic to Hurley.com in Japan.
- Contribute to seasonal assortments through geography insights.
- Action to ensure the correct products are online at the right time to meet seasonal, strategic, and marketing goals.
- Manage/execute Hurley.com, inventory levels, markdowns, seasonal orders, replenishment order, site merchandising.
- Partner with internal teams on launches, tech updates or brand campaigns to ensure performance marketing is part of the business plans.
- Provide input to business reports, presentations or discussions on performance marketing.
- Regularly communicate and align with teams in Europe and North America on best practices and learnings.
- Oversee and execute email marketing including a CRF, copy and localized assets, and finalized proofing.
- QA of all marketing assets which may include reviewing all Hurley SLP, CDP’s, pages, etc. for accurate translations, line breaks, formatting, links.
- Identify and coordinate cross category opportunities with Nike Japan team.
- Provide seasonal input to global marketing team. Provide feedback to global team regarding Japan specific, dates, events, etc.
- Paid Media (publications) – working with surf sites to market specific products or campaigns
- 2 years of relevant experience and University degree in relevant field is nice to have.
- Ability to influence and build consensus across various functions.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Excellent knowledge and prior accountability in at least two of the following areas: Search, Social, Online (Display) Media, Email, affiliates, eCommerce Analytics.
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills, plus strong analytical mindset, an eye for details and creative problem-solving abilities. Excellent understanding of ecommerce performance metrics.
- Industry Expertise: Strong understanding of digital marketing in an e-commerce and multi-channel setting. Understanding of evolving consumer communications environment and digital landscape.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, prioritize appropriately and meet deadlines.
- Passion and attitude for teamwork in a multicultural context.
- Passion for the Hurley brand, sport, athletes, and Hurley products.
- Language requirement (e.g. Fluency in Japanese and English required. Minimum TOEIC 800+.)