Share this job
Department Manager, Parafield
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Nike Pacific is opening a new Factory Store in November 2018 in Parafield, not far from the heart of Adelaide! We are looking for a passionate and driven Department Manager to join a newly created team.
This fast-paced environment will see you effectively lead and manage a specific zone within the store, achieving sales, profit growth, customer service excellence and expense management goals in accordance with Nike standards.
Reporting into the Store Manager, you will:
- Lead: drive a service culture that brings the Nike brand to life and unite the team around Nike’s mission.
- Coach: provide leadership, people development and feedback to elevate the team. You will be involved in training and development, performance management and coaching.
- Drive: assist the team to achieve our targets and Key Performance Indicators by unlocking their potential. You will be accountable for meeting financial goals and targets in sales, wage control, stock control, shrinkage, merchandising and margins within your department.
- Inspire: partner with the Store Manager to develop and deliver innovative business strategies to increase the department performance in all areas. Finally, care about the team and, most importantly, have fun!
Ideally you will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role in retail and/or apparel
- A passion for the Nike brand/sports
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Sound computer and MS Office proficiency.
What’s in it for you?
- At Nike we believe in human potential. We will invest in you as a Leader and focus on your development
- Competitive base salary, plus bonus
- Monthly product bonus
- Full uniform provided twice per year
- Generous product discount
- Access to special release product
- Birthday leave
- Premium Factory Store Fit-Out – including a dedicated stockroom, training room, employee lounge and office.