Share this job
Shanghai, China, China
As the Senior Database Administrator – Consumer Digital Technology you’ll work with a variety of talented Nike teammates and be a driving force for continually improving performance and providing scalable, reliable, and available platforms for all Digital teams. Solving problems with engineering teams who run at a rapid, changing pace is just the beginning. You'll also help optimize our database and application stack to enable more rapid build-out of both production and development systems. Building and improving monitoring frameworks, and extending tools to enable self-service at all levels of the DBA stack. You will be a member of the global technology support team for new projects, routine operation and incident support and be ready to support urgent case any time. In true team fashion, you will have numerous opportunities to share your knowledge with the digital team as well as the larger Nike technology community.
To make it clear, we're not looking for just anyone. We're looking for someone special, someone who had these experiences and clearly demonstrated these skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, with 3 years of directly applicable work experience. 2 additional years of experience required in lieu of a degree.
- Enthusiasm on chasing database technology, including SQL, No-SQL and Cloud platforms
- Strong Oracle DBA knowledge is a MUST
- Should be familiar with MS SQL platform
- Be familiar with Patch Management and deployment with different architectures
- Create necessary shell and reports to monitor system activity and automate the regular operations.
- Create and respond to alerts when database metrics exceed set thresholds
- Ability to proactively identify performance issues and find solutions.
- Responsible for maintaining file system space, and performing application upgrades and/or installs and upgrades.
- Performing clones and instance refreshes as required.
- Making necessary adjustments to initialization parameters and OS/HW level settings.
- Identifying high resource SQL statements and working with Division support to correct issues. Provide SQL tuning and performance optimization support.
- Creation of Service Requests and work with database software vendor on issues
- Provide technical support, as needed, for SR’s raised by division support groups.
- Suggest Purging and Archival opportunities; design and deploy backup and restore solution
- Knowledge & experience with design of large scale monitoring systems
- Experience in HA environment
- Proven ability to partner with, and influence, key stakeholders and architects throughout a highly matrixed organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills (multi-tasking), and self-motivated
- Experience with Infrastructure/security is a plus