Share this job
Data Engineering Manager
Shanghai, China, China
Nike has embraced big data technologies to enable data-driven decisions. We’re looking to expand our Data Engineering team to keep pace.
As a Data Engineering Manager, you will work with a variety of talented Nike teammates and be a driving force for building first-class solutions for Nike Technology and its business partners, working on development projects related to supply chain, commerce, consumer behavior and web analytics among others.Your work will be highly impactful. We have a small team which equals big impact. We have organized our team for speed and autonomy but backed by world class resources.Who you are:
- Hire and lead a data engineering team. Leverage your deep knowledge to provide technical leadership to take projects from zero to completion.
- Architect, build and maintain scalable data pipelines built for speed and accuracy.
- Research, evaluate and utilize new technologies/tools/frameworks centered around high-volume data processing.
- Set the technical direction and drive engineering excellence across the team.
- Oversee and complete migration of legacy processes to a shared scalable data infrastructure.
- Design and implement distributed data processing pipelines using tools and languages prevalent in the big data ecosystem
- Drive a culture of collaborative reviews of designs, code and test plans
- Work with architecture engineering leads to ensure quality solutions are implemented and engineering best practices adhered to
- Utilize and advance continuous integration and deployment frameworks
- Troubleshoot complex data issues and perform root cause analysis
- Work across teams to resolve operational & performance issues
- Identify and remove technical bottlenecks for your engineering squad
- A data engineer with SDE chops. Strong programming experience in Python or Scala preferred
- Experience building and shipping data production pipelines sourcing data from a diverse array of sources.
- Extensive experience with Hadoop and related processing frameworks such as Spark, Hive, Sqoop, Airflow etc.
- Extensive experience with big data processing within cloud environments such AWS or Azure
- Deep understanding of measuring and ensuring data quality at scale and the required tooling to monitor and optimize the performance of our data pipelines.
- Exceptional at defining plans and goals and executing on them
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively with team members and business stakeholders
- MS/BS in Computer Science, or related technical discipline
- Strong experience in creating a dev ops culture for data engineering
- 7+ years of experience in large-scale software development, 3+ years of big data experience
- 3 + years as a team lead or manager position providing mentorship to engineers