Share this job
DSM - Demand Planning Manager
Shanghai, China, China
Demand Planning Manager
The Demand Planning Manager is the key planning representative on the category table and is responsible for driving the forecast for Nike’s Greater China Business in that particular business segment. Demand planners working closely with the cross functional team including merchants, finance, sales and category leadership brings to life the product and marketing strategy for Nike categories translating a category vision to clear and executable plan at the key Nike game plan gates. Demand Planning Manager would also be accountable for the demand planning process for his/her channel/ business unit and support the update of the necessary metrics, reports and process to anticipate demand driven events for effective decision making.
- Conduct Demand Consensus Process to generate a demand consensus forecast by assessment of demand planning data and alignment with category and global strategic inputs
- Ensure that the established Forecasting Process is well defined and a demand forecast is generated, reviewed and validated.
- Maintains analytics to support continuous improvement (i.e. tracking signal, forecast ability, Forecast Process Value Add), developing new and ad hoc reports as required.
- Ensure the most accurate Demand information available.
- Identifies opportunities to effectively shape demand to influence product offering and OTB.
- Partner with affiliates/ commercial partners, in order to have the most accurate Demand information available for organization and influence the category & global team.
- Gather and understand the market intelligence, customer forecast, promotional activity, seasonality and other external factors that impact demand. Make recommended adjustments to forecast based on this information.
- Design and generate seasonal analysis on the demand, checking for trends and anomalies, so that stakeholders can make decisions.
- Continuously suggest improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Create and maintain documentation and standard operating procedures for demand planning processes and systems.
- Generate and review reports of the financial forecast and the sales forecast to appropriate stakeholders
- Be confidence to present DSM POV to category leaders and counterparts.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- 5-8 Years working experience, at least 2 years demand management related