Share this job
Customer Finance Manager, Asia Pacific
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
About the Role
With an aggressive long-term growth strategy, NIKE is counting on our Finance organization to thrive in its mission: to drive and deliver value to every NIKE shareholder. With the currently retail landscape shifting this work is even more critical. Customer Finance is a key pillar of this mission by driving free cash flow and maintaining a healthy receivables portfolio on the balance sheet. We maintain strong internal controls, provide timely, accurate, and relevant information and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders, and deliver expert business partnership to drive profitable growth while balancing risk in our receivables portfolio.
To elevate our game, NIKE Finance is in the midst of a multi-year transformation to design and implement our platform of the future. We’re seeking world-class talent to contribute to this journey. As such, we are looking for influencers and collaborators who can champion and embrace change as we evolve; and coach and develop talent with deep finance acumen to help build our blueprint for the future.
As the Manager of NIKE’s Asia-Pacific Credit and Risk function, within the Customer Finance function, you will be a key member of the team dedicated to guiding and driving the company’s APAC credit risk practices, policies and processes. Your high-level communication, financial analysis, negotiations, influencing, leadership and coaching skills will be utilized to direct the management of credit lines and terms of all NIKE wholesale accounts. And finally, and most important, you will be ensuring that we have One Team, which works together effectively and efficiently, to achieve these goals.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Be the APAC leader for Credit and Risk, to include being a strategic thought partner with cross-functional stakeholders (Commerce, Finance, Legal and Supply Chain Operations), and providing strategic insight, development and execution of the strategic plan for Credit and Risk within the Global Customer Finance framework.
- Be the thinker, formulating APAC Credit & Risk strategies and policies aimed at optimizing credit risk and driving value creation by offering perspectives, guidance and recommendations to improve portfolio health and performance as well as process efficiencies and effectiveness. Perspectives and recommendations will cross a broad spectrum of levers, including payment terms, discounts, and credit limits. You will ensure that any changes made to these levers provides a mutual benefits for both NIKE and our Retail Partners.
- Be the “communicator-in-chief” for Credit & Risk, engaging Territory leaders cross-functionally to share data-driven insights, propose action and drive decision making that strengthens Nike’s balance sheet and improves profitability.
- Develop strong business relationships with global counterparts and geography and territory leaders to leverage and protect Nike’s AR asset and support brand growth strategies.
- Be the catalyst for permanent change, promoting change and driving execution and adoption of global Credit & Risk initiatives and deployment of key risk mitigation enablers allowing for local exceptions to global processes when legal or local market conditions prevent deployment of a global standard.
- Lead, coach, drive and inspire your team of credit analysts, balancing day-to-day business execution with the transformative work of implementing new processes, controls, tools, etc. into the organization construct. As One Team, all members will be aligned, work together, and have solid relationships which foster strong collaboration, cooperation and communication.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or other business related field.
- Experience: 5-8 years’ experience in commercial credit and collections, financial analysis, business/strategic planning, management consulting or related field; additional experience working in a large, publicly-held company is highly preferred, as is retail sector experience.
- Financial Analysis Skills: Excellent financial analysis skills including in-depth financial statement analysis, forecasting, modeling, and the identification of financially sound, yet innovative, solutions to challenging credit scenarios as well as the ability to land and “tell the story” of the results with clarity and confidence to an executive audience.
- Relationship Management Skills: Proven ability to develop and maintain high profile, influential and collaborative relationships across teams, functions and layers, preferably inclusive of navigating a large corporation.
- Customer Management Skills: Direct experience in navigating the professional balancing act between vendor and customer requirements, challenges and opportunities, with an eye to win-win solutions.
- High-Profile Communication and Influencing Skills: Demonstrated adeptness with high-profile communication. Skills include excellent verbal and written communication of complex and/or controversial topics and concepts; meeting facilitation; effective communication on status, issues, risks and opportunities with senior leadership teams – both internal and external, and a proven ability to influence key business decisions.
- Retail Acumen: Understanding of the retail business model, including an understanding of today’s shifting retail landscape and the implications thereof to retail business models and their future financial performance.
- Team Management Skills: Proven experience building, inspiring and managing high-performing teams.
- Systems Experience: Exposure to ERP finance systems such as SAP, FSCM, Customer Portal functions, etc. is desirable. Advanced Excel skills are a must.