Share this job
City Planning Director
Seoul, South Korea, South Korea
Working within the key city of Seoul, you will develop, integrate, accelerate & enable the Strategic City Plan as part of the new Nike offense. You will work across our functions (Sales, Brand, Ops etc) and categories (Running, Sportswear, Football etc) with responsibility and ownership for the city plan and knowing the ‘pulse of the city’.
As a key part of the broader Territory leadership team, this is a role with visibility across Nike APLA and Global scale and plays an integral part in our exciting next chapter.
- Lead the Seoul City offense by developing and executing our strategy and collaborating across our functions, categories, accounts and partners.
- Align Nike Senior Leadership on Seoul City strategy, marketplace capacity, and implementation.
- Define and refine the business model (revenue upside, investments, and ROI) and performance goals across each marketplace concept.
- Provide support to the Territory/ City GM on all strategic initiatives.
- Act as Project Manager for disruptive opportunities that serve our consumers better, such as new retail concepts
- Report to APLA and Global Leadership team on Seoul City performance, highlights and trends, and input into APLA and Global strategic planning processes.
- Lead x-category, x-functional alignment on the city plan.
- Responsible for financial modeling & KPI setting for the City plan – set the benchmark for success.
- Take a lead in x-category, x-functional seasonal planning & in-season management for the City.
- Lead Seoul City leadership visits that showcase our offense – driving the agenda, managing logistics and creating decks.
- Act as the point person to communicate our Seoul City strategy and playbook across the Nike organization.
- Extensive experience in management consulting, strategic planning or business development.
- Exposure to and in-depth understanding of retail in all forms – digital, wholesale, direct to consumer, bricks & mortar.
- Strong understanding of digital landscape within retail.
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret data, and filter into strategic decision making with a commercial mindset.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the consumer and retail trends across Seoul City.
- A passion for Nike – our product, our brand and our mission.
- Excellent communication (in English) and relationship management skills – the ability to present and communicate to global leadership teams