Share this job
City Merchandising Manager
Mexico City, Mexico, Mexico
For Nike merchants, everything begins and ends with the consumer. The Nike Merchandising team understands consumer needs and market opportunity to create the right product mix for marketplaces around the world. They blend art with science to bring Nike’s category vision to life in all retail environments from stores to online. The Merchandising team has the unique ability to see beyond trends to identify what’s next and deliver the right product, at the right price, in the right places, at the right time.
As Manager, City Merchandising, you are accountable for developing and implementing a city-specific assortment strategy for the Must Win Destinations in the City, inclusive of Nike Direct, to deliver an integrated yet differentiated consumer experience across channels in key cities. 100% of your time is dedicated to city focus.
Key Accountabilities include:
• Create assortment strategies and frameworks for all city Must Win Destinations
• Identify and drive seasonal product stories with Marketing to deliver focused on strong story-telling at each destination
• Ensure segmentation and further differentiation across stores including digital
• Partner with Nike Direct and Key Account Merchants to ensure lead stories and edited offers align with their strategies and consumer demand
• Partner with Consumer Directors on the city consumer and key moments to maximize opportunities through assortment strategies
• Identify GEL opportunities for the city (for cities which are applicable)
Key Deliverables include:
• Partner with Marketplace Development and Consumer Directors to align on the Must Win Destinations of the City aligned to the Consumer Mindsets
• Sets seasonal assortment strategies for Must Win Doors in a key city.
• Owns the decision rights with regards to City level assortments, working in partnership with Nike Direct and Strategic Account teams
• Aligns with Marketing to ensure launches and offers align with key city moments
• Works with product presentation to ensure that the assortment and visual presentation strategy are aligned by door
• Identify hyperlocal product opportunities and partner with the GEL team to execute successfully
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree or additional 2 years of experience in lieu of degree
- At least 5 years’ experience in merchandising, product creation, and or retail, in a vertical or wholesale environment
- Footwear, apparel and/or equipment merchandising experience
- Proficiency in retail and profit based metrics
- Assortment planning experience
- A keen understanding of the Nike consumer and marketplace
- A high taste level for product
- An ability to employ retail acumen and proven storytelling capabilities
- An ability to respond with speed and agility
- Candidate must be willing to travel 10-20% of the time
NIKE is a growth company. We’re looking for team members to grow with us. If we’ve piqued your interest, then, good! A generous benefits package will only sweeten the deal. We offer a stock purchase plan, 401(k), a casual work environment, and a host of other perks we don't have room to mention here.