Share this job
Business Planner Innovasport Mgr
Miguel Hidalgo, Distrito Federal, Mexico
Collaborate with key stakeholders (internal and external) to build, align and deliver an actionable perspective on Market Risk and Opportunities across categories, gender, and business units. Engage cross functional partners to align actions against the plans. Proactively manage and measure the business leveraging stock & sales plans, gross-to-net plans and open-to-buy to drive sustainable profitable growth and healthy inventory.
LONG RANGE PLANNING
- Drive Long Range Plans Based on Marketplace capacity inclusive of a stock & sales plan that drives the gross to net.
- Align financial plans by utilizing strategic plans & profitability targets, sell through, store growth and marketplace information; share, demographics & consumer profile & insights
- Inform Foresighting of line plans with long-range category plans and utilize Marketplace insights to identify long range growth opportunities
- Define the topline seasonal plans including stock & sales and gross to net
- Drive Collaboration and include input from key stakeholders across marketplace dimensions to gain agreement on financial plans
- Create informed and aligned plans against categories, gender, and business units (FW/APP/EQ)
- Establish monthly sales and inventory plans by comp stores and new stores
- Ensure the retail plan & metrics are aligned against the seasonal wholesale plan & metrics
- Lead the development of the fleet review to recap store volumes and productivity ($ PSF) results
- Identify potential opportunities and risks against plans; develop actionable recommendations for execution
- Manage monthly open to buy forecast against plan hierarchy and levers; adjust plans as needed and review with both internal and external stakeholders
- Scorecard weekly results to drive action against the plan
- Develop topline business review of business vs. plan and LY – sales, margin, inventory, and turn
- Review comp door and new door performance
- Recap bookings gross to net
- Align business review with internal and external key stakeholders
- Leverage insights to drive actions and implementation plan for future seasons.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Sales, Fashion, Marketing or a related field
- 3+ years’ experience in Buying, Planning, Allocation and/or Vendor Sales for a multi-store retailer or Assortment Planning experience with other apparel / footwear wholesale organization; 2 years’ additional experience in lieu of a degree
- Comprehensive understanding of retail math
- Experience in gross margin profitability planning
- Ability to create monthly reports, style-level sales plans, track promotional calendar/events and pre-meeting prep
- Strong and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and influence others
- Experience in developing an understanding of customers, competitors and retail trends; knowledge of sports apparel and footwear market preferred
- Ability to interpret financial sales data to make decisions and recommendations that impact the business
- Advanced knowledge of MS office applications; proficiency in Excel including creating spreadsheets, complex formulas, pivot tables, etc.
- Experience with planning software/tools and merchandise management systems is preferred