Brand Communication Manager
Tokyo , Japan, Japan
About the Brand Communication Team
At Nike we see Brand Communication as creative leadership function developing premium and purposeful storytelling. As Brand Communication Manager, you will play significant role in developing the inspirational brand communication inviting our consumers to engage with our brand. You will be a main interface with all partner agencies as well as global Brand Communication colleagues and be the engine to drive the entire process. You will be required to work closely with Brand Media Manager to align and come up with one integrated Brand Communication in order to create the emotional connection with our consumer and maximize the traffic to Nike.com.
About the role
In this role you will have to understand our target consumer’s insight and behavior in order to develop the great storytelling mainly for seasonal brand campaign working with partner agencies for maximizing the brand heat. You will need to develop a project brief based on the brand brief and brief to creative agency to help them develop the word-class campaigns that can create the brand heat among our target consumers.
- Creates and directs insightful advertising and content both against category concepts and sports/athlete moments.
- Contribute to strategic development of advertising plans/creative process within area of focus; connect work with other Ad/Media managers and Marketing functions to ensure strategic synergy.
- Lead the advertising briefing process, focusing on consumer insights and creative ideas.
- Manage multiple project budgets and/or department budget.
- Work with agencies to define deliverables, budgets, goals and deliverables; ensure linkage to drive Nike Brand plan.
- Creates the voice that makes consumers feel, think and act expresses the heart and soul of the brand, leverages athletes, products sports and life.
- Recommend and execute the placement and mix of vehicles for offline and online advertising to gain maximum impact.
- Four year University degree.
- Minimum 8 years' experience in Brand Communication/Advertising/Promotion area.
- Hybrid experience in traditional and digital area.
- Strong experience in both film/graphic production area.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentations on complex business issues required.
- Fluency in Japanese and business level English (minimum TOEIC 800+).
Note to Recruitment Agencies: NIKE is not accepting candidate submissions from recruitment agencies NIKE does not have existing contracts with. NIKE will not be responsible for payment of recruitment fees for hiring of candidates whose resumes were submitted to NIKE employees or NIKE offices without NIKE’s prior permission.