Share this job
Associate Merchant, Nike Retail & Nike.com
Tokyo, Japan, Japan
About the team
For Nike, Inc. merchants, everything begins and ends with the consumer. The Nike Merchandising team understands consumer needs and market capacity to create the right product mix for marketplaces around the world. From stores to online, this team helps bring the seasonal category visions to life. The Merchandising team has the unique ability to see beyond trends to identify what’s next to deliver the right product to the right places at the right time and price.
About the role
As an APLA Nike Direct Associate Merchant, you are responsible for executing the product offer, assortment direction and strategy focused on building consumer right assortments to ensure a productive, profitable, and integrated marketplace. You will partner with geo and territory cross-functional teams to deliver assortments that serve our key channels of distribution aligned to our Consumer Mindsets. This role will require some travel to Nike Headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
- Present and align Nike Direct assortment strategy overview with Geo partners: new product introductions, brand stories, power franchises, and business drivers.
- Deliver & communicate geo merchandising seasonal channel assortment strategies to NIKESTORE in Japan.
- Maintain Nike Direct country channel / tier assortments in merchandising systems.
- Drive Market Capacity / Insights input to Global and Geo Category teams, including line.
- Ensure NIKESTORE seasonal product line plan and assortments will deliver on key performance indicators (i.e. style count target, revenue target, door CC capacity target and sell thru).
- Ensure merchandising systems reflect accurate and up-to-date assortment information.
- Partner in the successful set up and execution of seasonal meetings working with x-functional team.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or additional 2 years of experience in lieu of degree.
- At least 2 years’ experience in merchandising, product creation, and or retail, in a vertical or wholesale environment.
- Proficiency in retail and retail metrics and assortment experience preferable.
- A keen understanding of the Nike consumer and marketplace.
- An ability to employ retail acumen and proven storytelling capabilities and to response with speed and agility.
- Candidate must be willing to travel 10 % of the time.
- Language requirement (e.g. Fluency in Japanese and English required, Minimum TOEIC 800+).
Note to Recruitment Agencies: NIKE is not accepting candidate submissions from recruitment agencies NIKE does not have existing contracts with. NIKE will not be responsible for payment of recruitment fees for hiring of candidates whose resumes were submitted to NIKE employees or NIKE offices without NIKE’s prior permission.