Asia Travel Manager
Shanghai , China, China
With aggressive long-term growth targets, Nike Inc.’s success hinges on new product innovations, operational excellence and fostering a workplace that can unleash the creativity and potential of all employees. To help achieve these goals, Nike has formed a Workplace Design and Connectivity (WD+C) function, leading the transformation of the Nike workplace experience through a focus on location, physical space, services, and connectivity solutions.
The WD+C team will leverage systems, design thinking, and key partnerships across the Nike matrix and the industry to bring Nike to the forefront of new ways of working. WD+C will serve as an enterprise catalyst under the COO, helping to drive change, strengthen its global operations and accelerate progress toward Nike’s strategic objectives.
Given Nike’s rapid growth, WD+C faces tremendous pressure to meet increased demand and improve services and infrastructure globally. There is a pressing need to challenge assumptions, innovate new solutions and elevate design excellence across the WD+C organization, and the portfolio of Nike Facilities worldwide.
Overview of the Global Travel Manager Role
This role is on the Nike Integrated Workplace Services team, reporting to the Global Travel Director and is part of the Nike global travel team. The individual in this role will have many travel management responsibilities including, but not limited to:
• Engagement with key internal stakeholders across Asia to support alignment between global travel policy and programs with Nike Inc. priorities
• Serve as SME, in collaboration with travel team and internal partners, in the creation of a long term travel platform strategy for Asia
• Implement global processes supporting the Nike travel strategy, policies and traveler needs across Asia
• Responsible for managing assigned relationships between Nike and its travel vendors utilizing appropriate supplier management strategies and methods
• Work closely with the local agency travel account manager to address any issues in Asia needing Nike leadership
• Support Concur or other OBT as needed within the region
• Manage the needs of the travelers and managers for information and reporting around travel spend
People who will excel at this job:
• Demonstrate a wide range of travel subject matter expertise, based upon past experience in the industry
• Anticipate internal and or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements
• Contribute to the creation and implementation of a functional global travel strategy and implement the outcome in the region
• Will lead regional project teams to achieve milestones and objectives
• Proactively manage informational needs to optimize travel spend and decision making
We are looking for:
• BA or higher in a relevant discipline
• 6+ years relevant experience within the travel industry
• Highly fluent English speaking and writing capabilities
• Proven experience of launched travel services and successful implementations
• A history of working on teams that emphasize a collaborative approach to decision making
• An individual who anticipates internal/external business issues; recommends innovative product, process or service improvements
• Experience that spans a variety of travel challenges with similar sized organizations to Nike Inc. .
• Ability to work within a self-directed culture and navigate ambiguity