Toronto , Ontario, Canada
Are you looking for an opportunity to work and build a strong career with one of the coolest brands in the world?
We at NIKE Canada are currently looking for an exceptionally talented Allocation Manager for our Downtown Toronto Canadian Head Office.
Nike, Inc is one of the most recognized and leading brands in the world. We are the world’s leading innovator in athletic footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessories.
Along the way, Nike has established a strong Brand Portfolio with several wholly-owned subsidiaries including CONVERSE, HURLEY, JORDAN BRAND and NIKE GOLF. Nike’s world headquarters is located in the United States near Beaverton, Oregon, a suburb of Portland. Nike operates all around the globe employing more than 44,000 people across six continents.
Being a part of the Allocation team is about more than just shipping product to stores. It’s about being a part of how Nike shows up at retail to our consumers. It’s about getting product to the consumer when they want it, where they want it. You are an influencer, using fact based logic to influence buying decisions. You are the main connection point between the field and the supply chain. You are part of a collaborative team operating in a fast paced, evolving environment.
As our Allocation Manager, you will:
Develop and execute allocation strategies for the Inline side of our retail business
Lead a team of 4 allocation analysts responsible for allocating product to our Nike Factory Store locations
Create, evolve and utilize reports and tools to analyze your business to support decisions that maximize sales, inventory turn and ultimately profitability
Ensure that consistent tools and reports are utilized by all allocators
Lead the effort to manage inventory in-season, highlighting risk and making cancel recommendations
Understand the styles that “pay the bills” and prioritize them accordingly
Create and maintain size curves to ensure core sizes are protected
Partner with Customer Service & Supply Chain to ensure units arrive at stores in an efficient & timely manner
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Finance
- Minimum 5 years related allocation, planning or retail experience with at least 2 of those years in allocation
- 2 years’ additional retail experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Experience managing direct reports
- Strong working knowledge of retail math
- Ability to communicate persuasively and influentially, both verbally and in writing
- Proven experience utilizing data to capture trends to make decisions that will positively impact the business
- High level proficiency in Excel with a demonstrated history of developing tools and reports utilizing complex formulas, pivot tables, and other advanced functions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to handle ambiguity
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment to achieve goals
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Nike believes smart, passionate, curious people will rise to the occasion, therefore they set the bar high and then raise it higher. At Nike, you will grow because you will be challenged. You will be challenged because you will work with the best talent, the best athletes, and the best business partners in the industry.
If this is you, then please apply online with your most recent resume and cover letter at your earliest opportunity. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.