APAC Payroll Manager
Singapore , Singapore, Singapore
Manage and oversee the multinational payroll operations for all countries in Asia Pacific across Nike Inc businesses. Drive the team towards providing accurate and timely payroll services to all of Nike’s employees across the region. Ensure compliance to the payroll related local legal and regulatory requirements.
This role (based in Singapore) will be an integral member of the Asia Pacific HR Shared Services leadership team, reporting to the Global Payroll Operations Director.
- Provides leadership and direction for the AP Shared Services payroll services through promoting a globally aligned and consistent approach to payroll delivery across all countries in the region
- Develop and maintain a team of payroll staff with multinational skills. Ensure the payroll team is properly trained, accountable and are equipped with the tools needed to deliver results; manage, mentor and evaluate their performance, and provided with positive working atmosphere for personal and career growth
- Ensure payroll processes to be performed on an accurate and timely manner
- Establish and maintain a good working partnership with the global payroll team, regional functional leads and payroll vendors.
- Review and identify any issue in the current payroll processes and recommend improvements, as needed
- Provide expert payroll advice on payroll initiatives and related projects
- Maintain knowledge of multinational legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting payroll and social security
Requirements of the position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or equivalent
- At least 7-8 years of varied/progressive Payroll, HR or related experience, including 3 years’ experience in managing regional payroll operations in a multinational, shared service or service provider environment
- Identify and resolve technical, operational and organizational problems
- Make decisions guided by policies and business plan that impact the level of service and the department’s ability to meet performance objectives
- Ability to multi-task and deliver results in a fast paced environment
- Ability to effectively interface with external and internal parties at multiple levels
- Ability to partner and collaborate with the relevant stake holders to achieve business goals
- Possess good cultural sensitivity and ability to adapt to multi-cultural environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good leadership and team management skills
- Working knowledge of HR SAP is preferred