Petaling Jaya , Selangor, Malaysia
Accounts Payable Accountant is responsible for providing financial and administrative to ensure effective, efficient, and accurate financial and administrative operations.
Perform the day to day processing of accounts payable transactions to ensure that Company payables are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner
- Receive and verify invoices for goods and services
- Serves as the primary accounting contact for vendors
- Maintain a filing system for all financial documents & vendor master data
- Performs PO matching and partner with Admin on PO creation
- Performs monthly close activities including accruals and vendor statement reconciliations
- Involve in OPEX forecast budget update
- Prepare batches of invoices for data entry and batches of payments
- Handles company Fixed Asset Registration & CAPEX related matters
- Assist in month end closing and financial reports
- Handles taxes such as GST reporting/withholding taxes (including submission) and assists on company corporate tax
- Prepare audit schedules and handle audit queries on AP matters
- Works with team to identify and implement opportunities to streamline processing and/or enhance controls
- Maintains proper controls and enforces policies and procedures
- Researches and resolves vendor invoice issues and any escalated issues in a timely manner
- Maintain AP trade and GRIR accounts to properly record liabilities and expenses
- To in charge of intercompany transactions within Nike Organization
- Maintains continuous improvement mindset and proactively identifies, reviews, and implements process improvements
- Assumes additional responsibilities and assist with special projects as needed or directed.
- Involve in quarterly/yearly & Nike Factory outlet/3PL warehouse physical stock take
Requirements of the position include:
- University degree in Accounting, Commerce, or Business Management/ Administration.
- At least Three years’ experience in AP roles with SAP knowledge is preferable
- Minimum 5 years working experience
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge in accounting and financial principles.
- Well-developed written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work in a team, dynamic and high energy environment
- Ability to analyze problems, to compile data, to determine facts and reach a logical conclusion
- Attention to detail and deadline-oriented
Proficiency in the use of computer programs for:
- Accounting (SAP system)
- Proficient in MS Excel